The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

How is Coutinho relevant to a discussion about "really good attacking players"?

Because the point made was why would Unai turn down a 100 million player when Coutinho also cost 100 million and was shown the door

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Because the point made was why would Unai turn down a 100 million player when Coutinho also cost 100 million and was shown the door

Gotcha :thumb:

But I think the answer is Grealish is still good. Coutinho was shit

• Like 1

Purely on ability of course we’d have him back. He would probably still be the best player in the team. However there seems to be a great team spirit at the moment with everyone pulling together and it not all being about one player. Would we want to risk upsetting that?

All hypothetical though right as there’s no real talk of him coming back is there ?

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't see why having Jack back would upset team spirit. Everyone seems to love him at Man City, everyone loved him at Villa

I don't know why he seems to be being portrayed as some sort of egotistical primadonna 

It probably wouldn’t but it was all about him and the whole club generally accepted this. The tactic used to be get the ball and give it to Jack. I’d like to think we’ve evolved past that as a team now.  I’m sure he’d be fine with that but it’s a completely different dynamic now than when he was at the club.

Him on the left and Diaby on the right would be great to see though. 

20 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It probably wouldn’t but it was all about him and the whole club generally accepted this. The tactic used to be get the ball and give it to Jack. I’d like to think we’ve evolved past that as a team now.  I’m sure he’d be fine with that but it’s a completely different dynamic now than when he was at the club.

Said before I think I would prefer Ramsey on the left to Grealish and not stunt his development

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

But the tactic isn't that at Man City and everyone still loves him.

Just seems to be one of those things along with him having liver disease and going to die of alcoholism by the time he's 35 that gets thrown at him with little substance behind him

• Like 1

I appreciate it’s all hypotheticals being discussed but whether I’d want Grealish back would be rather dependent on how much he would cost and what sort of wages he’d be on.

Edit - fwiw, I don’t think he will be returning and presently I’m not massively fussed either way.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 1

I don't think Unai would ever want him here as JG would want to be the main man at Villa. There is only room for one main man, and that is now UE.

Also, due to his life style, I believe he will deteriorate rapidly once he is past 30. He would want high wages and a long contract, so he would just end up being an expensive Micah Richards. We might get one good season out of him, but then just be stuck with a dud.

I'd steer well clear of him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't see why having Jack back would upset team spirit. Everyone seems to love him at Man City, everyone loved him at Villa

I don't know why he seems to be being portrayed as some sort of egotistical primadonna 

Out of interest what makes you think this? I heard quite a few thought he was a bit of a prick. 

4 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Grealish didnt want to play for us. He saw himself above us. The media were touting him for a move away constantly and he was loving it. He was constantly taking the piss whilst he was here, always in the media for some sort of negativity whether it be for crashing cars, speeding, going out on a bender an hour after telling everyone to stay home during lockdown, having meetings with other clubs whilst injured. What a captain.

His dive infront of the Villa fans at the shitihad, him jumping up celebrating on the bench when City scored against us on the big screen at VP, crying in the tunnel when we were beating them at HT on that last day 😂. I have never known a Villa ‘fan’ to speak down about this club and drag the clubs name through the mud like he did with all his off field antics. He knew he was the best player and could get away with it all. We’re in a great place now, and the best part is that its without him. The one thing I want to see more than anything is us to beat City in a cup final just to see his stupid face.

I hope there’s a part of him that’s jealous of what we’re doing right now and that he’s not part of it. Doubtful I know but I think he’s not fussed about Villa in the slightest since he saw the vitriolic reaction when he left. I still cant stand the sight of him if you couldnt tell 🙂. Turncoat City fan now anyway. Used to be United though. “This, but in red.”

He won the treble last season... He kind of is above us and I'm not so sure that after winning the CL last season he is overly jealous of us maybe qualifying for it...

We're in a good place, he's in a good place, hate to say it but a man City player supporting villa he's doing OK for himself

• Like 1

I don't think Jack was a primadonna while here at all. He was the best player at the club and Smith did effectively run our attack through him, which made sense because of his quality. I don't think he ever held himself above anyone else at all. He was very friendly with his teammates, appeared to be quite well liked, and he regularly spoke of his love for Aston Villa. People slag him off for that now but it's not a lie, he's just an ambitious footballer who wanted to win trophies and play at the highest level. That doesn't make him any less of an Aston Villa fan.

I think you'll find he's probably still close with a lot of his former teammates here and they'd welcome him back. I think you'd find that Unai would have no issue incorporating someone of his quality into the team, and nothing Jack has ever done would suggest that he'd throw his toys out of the pram if he wasn't having every attack played through him.

Â