The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

56 minutes ago, calcifer said:

Why are people still obsessed? It's like cheering on your ex as she is getting ploughed by someone richer, don't worry she always loved you, just this other bloke can buy what he wants for her.

Perfect analogy.

1 hour ago, calcifer said:

Why are people still obsessed? It's like cheering on your ex as she is getting ploughed by someone richer, don't worry she always loved you, just this other bloke can buy what he wants for her.

"Obsessed" making a post on an online forum he'll never see.

You're the one comparing a former employee of your team to a romantic and personal relationship you weirdo.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

You're the one comparing a former employee of your team to a romantic and personal relationship you weirdo.

I bet he secretly views VT

8 hours ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

People who are congratulating him tonight, have you forgotten that he dived against Villa this season to get Man City a penalty? He’s no longer one of us. 

Or his "love this club 💙💙💙" love bombing. 

Still convinced he's going to kiss the badge or do an Adebayor if he scores against us. I loathe talking about him. But the idea of him having some deep loyalty when he as engineering summer transfers each year. The club was way more loyal to him. Especially when he got drunk and embarrassed himself publicly. Especially when he broke the lockdown rules and drove dangerously and got a criminal ban. He was still allowed to be captain. The release clause in his contract (it's not about getting the club a huge fee; it guarantees an exit which suspiciously got leaked to the Manchester journalist at the Athletic). He was 48 hours from signing for United the previous summer. Nobody ever doubted his talent, but without the likes of Deano and others, it does make you question how he would have been the player he is. 

People are free to still like or loathe him - to wish him well or feel some pride in him winning the trophy last night. I won't tell other Villans what to do - but I for me, I won't debase myself further by writing more about him. We are building something special under Unai and NSWE, no sportswashing or illegalities. Footballers have a short shelf life but those who follow the cheats deserve not to thought of fondly or proudly. He's part of a well-oiled machine that thrives on turning football into a spectacle and I'd honestly question how much he's actually earning given some of the allegations concern cooking the books on salaries too. I'm not going to thank Jack for the great moments on the pitch either - what's the point? I feel nothing about him as a player. That's not a statement or rejection of his obvious top class talent. It's impossible to care when the club they represent is killing the game. 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Or his "love this club 💙💙💙" love bombing. 

Still convinced he's going to kiss the badge or do an Adebayor if he scores against us. I loathe talking about him. But the idea of him having some deep loyalty when he as engineering summer transfers each year. The club was way more loyal to him. Especially when he got drunk and embarrassed himself publicly. Especially when he broke the lockdown rules and drove dangerously and got a criminal ban. He was still allowed to be captain. The release clause in his contract (it's not about getting the club a huge fee; it guarantees an exit which suspiciously got leaked to the Manchester journalist at the Athletic). He was 48 hours from signing for United the previous summer. Nobody ever doubted his talent, but without the likes of Deano and others, it does make you question how he would have been the player he is. 

People are free to still like or loathe him - to wish him well or feel some pride in him winning the trophy last night. I won't tell other Villans what to do - but I for me, I won't debase myself further by writing more about him. We are building something special under Unai and NSWE, no sportswashing or illegalities. Footballers have a short shelf life but those who follow the cheats deserve not to thought of fondly or proudly. He's part of a well-oiled machine that thrives on turning football into a spectacle and I'd honestly question how much he's actually earning given some of the allegations concern cooking the books on salaries too. I'm not going to thank Jack for the great moments on the pitch either - what's the point? I feel nothing about him as a player. That's not a statement or rejection of his obvious top class talent. It's impossible to care when the club they represent is killing the game. 

This is all true. He did want a move for ages yet wanted it to come across he was showing us loyalty.

I like him doing well and proving the doubters wrong (mainly because it proves we were right when we all said how good he is) and that's about it.

Edited by Tom13

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Any need for the personal insult? Weirdo? I was using an analogy as its just nauseating the amount of people gushing over him! He left the club so why follow him. Playing for a sport washing bunch of cheats who I hope get there just deserts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Its talking about his dad, not the player. 

Same, if man City paid my kid that I'd put the shirt on too

The money is **** mental, if he stays there for the 6 years with wages and bonuses he'll get about £120m out of them and then the gucci and supposed puma boot deal out of it too

"I couldn't wear another teams shirt" for that money I could

Â