The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

I hated him for leaving, I can be amused and enjoy a bit of schadenfreude over his recent struggles, I’d have booed him at Villa Park if I’d had the chance to be there. But it’s also a bit sad if he crashes and burns without showing the world how good we know he can be. 

He’s a jackass, but I’d have him back in a heartbeat. I’d even be happy for us to give City a full money back return, that’s how much I enjoyed watching him play. 

• Like 1

So much drivel in this thread.

He's new to a team that is notoriously difficult to make immediate impacts in. He likes a beer, Micah Richards said David Silva was a notorious party-goer in that fantastic City team. City gave Jack a six year contract anticipating a settling in period. This thread reeks of people praying the girl that dumped them will put on 50lbs and develop facial hair.

He's a fantastic footballer. He's more likely to win a Ballon D'or than he is come back to Villa. 

(Ballon D'or may be a stretch, but PFA Player of The Year didn't carry the same gravitas).

• Like 3

I will be shocked if he fails under Pep.

He is obviously finding it hard to settle, Villa was his home, I don't care what anyone says. Yes he is a bit of a twunt, always has been, but I'm sorry to the haters, but I would say next season if he can settle, he will be be class.

• Like 2

They'll win the league at a canter, he'll have a summer with no messing about (well, drinking and shagging but no football issues to distract him) and be a permanent fixture in the team. I just hope that he goes on to fulfill his potential, he should be one of the best ever, he could easily give that all up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

Cowans came back at the age of 29 and had a brilliant second spell. It can happen but I wouldn't write him at City yet. 

But Cowans was a dedicated professional and brilliant wherever he went. 

Not a party boy taking his eye off the ball and failing to make the grade at his new club. 

It's an irrelevance, comparing apples with pears. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I still feel betrayed and knowing he wanted out for years makes me look at him very differently. The romanticism of Jack Grealish and Aston Villa has gone now.

Exactly this. Wonder how far you'd even have to go back when he didn't want to leave the club? The brief period under Sherwood maybe?

• Like 1

Just now, AvonVillain said:

Exactly this. Wonder how far you'd even have to go back when he didn't want to leave the club? The brief period under Sherwood maybe?

Probably when he was captaining his boyhood club in an era of huge progression over the past decade. Or you know when we were going to the wall and he could have quite easily kicked up a fuss and left for a few million multiple times.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

That's okay.

I'd also prefer having 50m in our billionaire owners back account than having the greatest footballer we've ever produced back at the club.

It really depends on timing.  Didn’t the original comment talk about a few years time.  If he’s been a “flop” for the next couple of seasons I’m not sure I’d pay 50m because you would imagine more things gone on and hopefully we’d be a top 8 team by then.  If now, obviously yes we’d do 50m easily and more but there is a lot of water under the bridge to go before a couple seasons passes by.

He was brilliant for us but hard determine what he’ll be like in a couple of years, just because he has talent doesn’t mean he’ll get the best out of it. You wouldn’t just buy him because he was one of our best young prospects ever, you would have determine at the time whether he is worth the valuation they’d want.

Just now, El Zen said:

Hardly been involved first 30 at Brentford, playing as a false nine.

It’s been like watching a different Jack Grealish this season. You have to put it down to settling in, playing various unfamiliar positions and being restricted to quick passing football than running at people with the ball but he is a shadow of himself, not involved and when he is he’s been poor.

• Like 2

Just now, nick76 said:

It’s been like watching a different Jack Grealish this season. You have to put it down to settling in, playing various unfamiliar positions and being restricted to quick passing football than running at people with the ball but he is a shadow of himself, not involved and when he is he’s been poor.

To be fair, I’ve actively avoided waching them for the most part, so I shouldn’t comment either way. But from this game, you couldn’t tell he was the same player we loved and adored. He’s also playing out of position. A striker he is not.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Jack's doing what he's told by Pep. He's obviously not in the clique up there, the pressure to do well but not being able to do what comes natural will drain the life out of him.

Not when the trophies and pay cheques come in 

And he must have known this when he signed... Not going to be the star, not going to be the maverick, not going to get a lot of the ball but going to win the league, a few cups and maybe a CL

And I think a lot of footballers would make the same decision 

He's 25 with a playoff win to his name, even if he does only do the 3 years and fail there he'll probably walk away with 5 trophies to his name 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

Â