The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

He's not one of our best players yet, calm down.

He was quite easily one of our best players last season and I don't think any of the players we've signed that play in his position are better than him.  Still one of the best players we have at the club.

Gil has only played 6 games for us, and a couple of those were as a sub. Not sure why there is so much chat about him being the creative force we need. I am more excited about Vertout.

Granted Gil did score a screamer but the jury is still out as far as I am concerned. Defo worth giving him more game time, and the same with Grealish, but I think both are far from the finished article.

I would start with Grealish over Gil when both are fit as it stands.

Gil and Grealish are both different players.

Both really need to push on this season in my opinion as i'm sure with the signings we have made the club will certainly look to push forward.

I agree, I think he needs to start delivering an end product as soon as he is back in the first team. I think the kid is an absolute talent and love him as a player, but if he doesn't deliver straight away then there are now multiple options waiting to replace him who will, whereas there wasn't really that option at the back end of last season. He runs the risk of having his development being stifled (similar to Januzaj) if he doesn't deliver.

You could argue that GIL, traore (if signs), ayew, gabby all play in a similar position. Not to mention the fact we are still being linked with similar type players too.

Also he spent the summer getting smashed out of his tree.

I think it's more than reasonable to debate whether he's going to feature as heavily as we originally thought.

What exactly are we supposed to have forgotten from our short memories like?

You could argue that GIL, traore (if signs), ayew, gabby all play in a similar position. Not to mention the fact we are still being linked with similar type players too.

I think it's more than reasonable to debate whether he's going to feature as heavily as we originally thought.

I would argue that none of those players play in a similar position to Jack with the exception of Traore who clearly favors the right.

It's also unfair to say that he spent the summer, "getting smashed out of his tree."

Edited by Earl the Pearl

I'm guessing this was aimed at me given the "short memories" reference.

Some people (not necessarily you by the way) seem to have forgotten how good Grealish was for us last season. That's all.

The best thing about Grealish is the excitement in the crowd the second the ball is played to him. Literally every Villa fan around the globe who is invested in the match wants him to score and wants to say they remember the first goal. Not since Gary Shaw has a player like this come through the ranks. Go on son.

• Like 2

Sherwood loves Jack, he'll play more often than this year.

Where he plays will be interesting...I want us to keep the 4-3-2-1 formation so he plays one of the inside forward positions while we have a pacier option the other side e.g. Adama, Gabby or Ayew.

That said with all the attacking options we've got we'll probably change to 4-2-3-1 which I'm unconvinced about, I wonder if that would mean Jack at number 10 behind Gestede with the two from Adama, Sinclair, Ayew and Gabby either side.

I would probably just play that in home games and stick with 4-3-3/3-2-1 away from home.

Can't wait until he's fully fit again.

You all saw tonight what a brilliant thinking footballer Juan Mata is, slotting through balls through even with a crowded box infront of him, reading the game superbly despite his lack of pace.

Grealish can potentially be that player for us, we saw it v Liverpool at Wembley. Desperately need some craft in the final third as it's all pace and little thought from the front trio we're currently putting out.

Gil can help aswell, he'll get more of a chance now albeit off the bench I think.

• Like 1

Can't wait until he's fully fit again.

You all saw tonight what a brilliant thinking footballer Juan Mata is, slotting through balls through even with a crowded box infront of him, reading the game superbly despite his lack of pace.

Grealish can potentially be that player for us, we saw it v Liverpool at Wembley. Desperately need some craft in the final third as it's all pace and little thought from the front trio we're currently putting out.

Gil can help aswell, he'll get more of a chance now albeit off the bench I think.

Spot on, he has the ability and vision to develop into that kind of player.

Mata was a joy to watch

Â