The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I'm not saying he's weak probably far from it but the ability to ride such tackles comes from his incredible balance by the looks of it.

Looked strong and balanced, couple of hacks and a shirt pull and he just shrugged them off?

im in no way comparing abilities but the dribbling is very George Best like

If I'm not mistaken gillinghams manager said he looked like George best after the brilliant goal vs them for notts this year.

Edit: Yep. Peter Taylor: "The third goal, Grealish is a very good player but we made him look like George Best."

Edited by Rovers13

Hopefully Jack does not go the same way as Michael Johnson and other such hyped youngsters of the past. However, I  do think the season with Notts County would have made him more humble.

jack had an interesting tournament in HK - i'd say he was outshone by DJ on the first day, but really came into his own on the second and looked absolute class...

as far as him being slight, the lad has calves like hamhocks and certainly rode the tackles well.. there was no question that he was having chunks kicked out of him more than any other player in the tournament...

had you asked me on the first day whether jack was going to light up the premiership, i would have been uncertain.... pretty play, but didn't seem to be getting anywhere... second day, he was a different class - came out fired up and ripped teams to pieces...

i guess at the end of the day, that is the problem with young players - the consistency is something that comes with experience, and something that jack's time at notts county would certainly have helped with...

i'm not sure whats best for his development this coming season, but i hope that the club takes a long term view in developing what is clearly a great talent, and ensuring that he remains as loyal to the club as he has ben to date...

• Like 2

Â