The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, 7392craig said:

If there isn’t a release clause that takes it out of the clubs hands, I can’t see why we’d accept any bid at all. Man City bidding starting at £75 mill? If that’s the case then crack on, keep bidding. We’ll knock them back.

They are trying to get Jack on the cheap and test us like utd were, it will fall on deaf ears with our Owners.

I couldn't imagine our Owners selling Jack when he's still got plenty of growth in selling market. Imagine after the next world cup of how much Jack could be worth, I don't believe for an instance that our Owners will sell the lad. 

I believe there is interest, in fact I reckon many a club in England and abroad had expressed interested. I just don't believe that a deal is done, near done or anywhere near done for Jack.

I think most that has happened here is an interested of picking the phone up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Real Madrid used to be the masters of this didn’t they.

To be fair, I guess one thing that needs factoring in is that Grealish at City could become a global megastar like Beckham, so might be worth paying a lot more than just his footballing value. But again, that hasn’t really been City’s style. Much more a Madrid / Man Utd / PSG approach to the transfer market.

The thing is, no he’s not bigger than the club, and we should be able to handle him leaving. But will we ever have a more exciting, watchable player playing week in week out at Villa Park? Be such a shame to lose that.

Beckham was different or would be different to Grealish at Cityin the fact that Beckham was a homegrown star that was brought up as a youngling through UTDs system.

I do not think the sale of Grealish going to City would have anywher near the Beckham affect because Beckham is that fairytale story of a young lad growing up there much like Grealish is here with us even though we prized him from else where way back.

Edited by Dave-R

7 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

All of the stories and speculation are designed to de-stabilise Jack, get him on board with the move, which would then in turn drive the price down, as who wants to keep an unhappy player right? It's standard stuff, been going on for many years now. You'd think having all the money in the world that Man City wouldn't need to play these silly games and just front up the cash, and yet here we are.

It gives me some hope that if there is a release clause then it must be pretty big, or there'd be no need to try and drive the price down.

Harry Redknapp use to do it all the time too. Talk about other teams players behind the clubs back, to the media etc. It's a tasteless tactic and just one of the reasons I can't stand Harry. 😆 Just one of many.

37 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

His dress sense man 😆 

looks like he’s just been released from Belmarsh

spacer.png

A T-shirt, slim black trackies and smart trainers? What else should he be dressed in?

That outfit without the watch is a grand by the way.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

They are trying to get Jack on the cheap and test us like utd were, it will fall on deaf ears with our Owners.

I couldn't imagine our Owners selling Jack when he's still got plenty of growth in selling market. Imagine after the next world cup of how much Jack could be worth, I don't believe for an instance that our Owners will sell the lad. 

I believe there is interest, in fact I reckon many a club in England and abroad had expressed interested. I just don't believe that a deal is done, near done or anywhere near done for Jack.

I think most that has happened here is an interested of picking the phone up.

Just feels like last season with the Man U interest in him.  Loads of speculation but nothing happens and he doesn’t leave.  Another transfer window and nothing changes…

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

A T-shirt, slim black trackies and smart trainers? What else should he be dressed in?

I wear that and I’m called a slob, he wears it and he’s a style guru! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I could get the same look for £50 on asos. Or just borrow one of my dads t shirts.

Just now, nick76 said:

Just feels like last season with the Man U interest in him.  Loads of speculation but nothing happens and he doesn’t leave.  Another transfer window and nothing changes…

I think it's all the same crap being thrown out again but instead it's City this time because if they say it's UTD who want Grealish that's it everyone knows the media are talking bull for deffo.

Same story's are floating out by the media mate each window with slight differences and changes in them.

The media are becoming worse each year now because clubs are keeping so quiet over dealings that they have nothing to report on, so next best thing is fake it all till legit story's come out.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Because destabilising teams who are on an upward trajectory is a standard thing for the top teams to do - Alex Ferguson used to do it all the time and talks about it in his autobiography.

We might not be a threat to City right now, but if they’re looking around at which PL teams are going to cause them problems in two or three years? It’s more likely to be Leicester, Villa, etc. than Arsenal or Spurs.

I don’t see why else you’d be pumping out all these stories? The case for Grealish joining for say 80-100m is very strong. Spending 125m+ on him (or whatever) and it’s an overpriced statement signing, which doesn’t seem City’s style. So it seems like all these stories are just trying to unsettle him, slow down our progress?

Because Grealish is a top player and they want him? Because by letting the player know they are interested they are more likely to get him?

That's about getting their man, not destabilising us as a club. If anything it shows that they see us as insignificant, a feeder club, not a threat. We can show real intent by moving heaven and earth to keep him. Then we can be a threat to City in the future.

If we swagger about thinking we're within a country mile of being on a par with City even within a 5 year period, then we will never get there, because we have failed to understand what we do realistically need to improve.  

Edited by HKP90

13 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Real Madrid used to be the masters of this didn’t they.

To be fair, I guess one thing that needs factoring in is that Grealish at City could become a global megastar like Beckham, so might be worth paying a lot more than just his footballing value. But again, that hasn’t really been City’s style. Much more a Madrid / Man Utd / PSG approach to the transfer market.

The thing is, no he’s not bigger than the club, and we should be able to handle him leaving. But will we ever have a more exciting, watchable player playing week in week out at Villa Park? Be such a shame to lose that.

I don't think it is an approach that is going to sit well with our owners, we seem to much prefer to keep things hush hush. City don't care though, they just want the player as cheap as they can get him, no matter who's nose they put out of joint.

It's going to be interesting to see how our owners react, I quite like the idea of cold hard silence, don't even give them the time of day until they stop the circus and start negotiating like professionals. We'll see I guess.

I'd love Jack to stay, he's a wonderful player, incredibly marketable at the moment, and seems like a lovely bloke and genuine Villa fan. If he goes life goes on, where we are headed we'll see more great players at Villa park soon enough.

Edited by Teale's 'tache
typo in my typo

So now the rumours going round are he wants the move and they are confident it will get done in the coming weeks. 

If true, then everything Jack said less than a year ago was quite frankly a load of cobblers. Loyalty my arse.

If no buyout clause (which looks to be the case if Cit£h are lowballing) then owners need to take a firm stand and say he's going nowhere unless we get a much higher bid than £100m. Or simply say he's not for sale at any price. 

He might be disappointed but we are under no obligation to sell.

Also, we need to get our best targets in NOW. Others are sniffing around Bailey and we need to get that done, then get other targets in. Hopefully Grealish still stays but at least we're covered if the worst thing does happen.

When you have one of the world's best players, unfortunately you'll get the speculation and interest that comes with it. It just shows how far we've progressed over the past 3/4 seasons and no matter what, I'm confident we'll keep pushing on.

I still firmly believe Jack will stay, really it's just all a load of noise at the moment and a lot of panic over very little true substantial information.

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If Kane goes for anywhere near £150m and we let Jack go for anything less than £130m, it will be a real blow. Grealish is younger, arguably as good, and has all the marketing pull to go with. 

Will be interesting to see how Kane goes this season wherever he is at. 

I kind of get the impression that at some point his performance is going to fall off a cliff. The euros may have shown that....or it could be that Southgate's system just did not suit him, which imo it didn't. Interesting to see.

2 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

This whole saga with Jack is almost identical to last summer with United. The thing that I question is why just Man City? Surely there would be other clubs interested if he had a viable clause in his contract. 

That's why part of me thinks it's all BS. 

Because no one but them has much cash (United do but are doing other business atm, already got Sancho and Varane, they need a DM). Also city clearly did some illegal BS with their finances so they have much more revenue than anyone else which is complete BS. 

I've just read one article that the price is 88 million. It's certainly media bullshit when the media can't get the price right or agree on the price being the same 😂

Just now, Dave-R said:

I've just read one article that the price is 88 million. It's certainly media bullshit when the media can't get the price right or agree on the price being the same 😂

All they want is clicks. The release clause is obviously false because if City wanted him, they trigger him. The £100m figure is a media invented figure too - anything that undermines Villa and strengthens City will be spun. 

• Like 1

According to The Athletic, club officials have informed players of interest that Grealish, whose head has been turned by the interest shown by Manchester City, will be staying at Villa Park next season.

• Haha 1

Â