The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Explains why he didn't play then. 

You don't play players who aren't fully fit in a major tournament. You just don't. 

Occam's razor et al

17 minutes ago, chomer said:

Not sure where @blandy got those stats from.

englandstats.com | 1190 Raheem Sterling (2012 - 2021) suggests 7 goals in his last 12 England appearances.  The 7 consist of 3 vs Bulgaria, and 1 vs Croatia, San Marino, Iceland and Kosovo. 

We haven't really played any "big" nations in that time so it's hard to criticise him for not scoring against teams we haven't played.

We've played Denmark and Belgium. Twice each I believe so I can criticise him. 

• Like 1

Jack's injury looks like its going to have to be managed,  I think Smith has hinted at this by saying we need a player who can take the pressure of him. 

Pretty sick of all the England crap now,  I'm sure Jack is as well , time to move on and let it go. 

3 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Occam's razor et al

The kind of nonsense I prefer to ignore, but I've been baited...

Why was he named in the 23 over a fit Sancho if he wasn't going to ever play him?

It's clear he only wants to use him in extreme scenarios...whether because of his injury  or because he's a safe boring manager...take your pick. No conspiracy about "not liking jack" in those scenarios. 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

He's definitely been outside training with the other players previously so it is not "normal". Maybe a planned day off rather than a deterioration of the condition though. Could have been pre agreed he'll do 1 in 3 days with low stress exercises

Definitely looking more and more like a case of how much managing its going to need going forwards, rather than if it will be needed.

He said he will need to manage it the rest of his career. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Didn't Southgate himself say that he didn't want to risk Jack due to his injuries? I know he did a while back in May ahead of the tournament.

He's not the best manager and I don't like his way of setting up, but us being conspiricy theorists about Jack's non-inclusion on the opening game is just a little embarrassing imo.

Yep. 

Maguire and Henderson didn't feature against Croatia either. 

Clearly isn't fully fit 

5 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

He's not the best manager and I don't like his way of setting up, but us being conspiricy theorists about Jack's non-inclusion on the opening game is just a little embarrassing imo.

Not at all, there's plenty of evidence for us to have these theories.

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Inured again or has this been standard procedure?

But some media sources are saying he was doing his own session.

Just now, Tom13 said:

Not at all, there's plenty of evidence for us to have these theories.

you think facial expressions and your own interpretations of words is evidence of an underlying dislike for Jack? you see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

the facts are that Jack has sustained an injury for a long time and he has been selected by the manager as part of the squad.

why would he be picked if there's a dislike?

There is literally a video of him training (yesterday?) with the group on Instagram.

I don't really understand the situation if I'm honest. If he's had a recurrence of an injury that cost him minutes v Croatia then why was he included on the bench? At the expense of Sancho for instance. Makes no sense.

Just now, est1874 said:

There is literally a video of him training (yesterday?) with the group on Instagram.

I don't really understand the situation if I'm honest. If he's had a recurrence of an injury that cost him minutes v Croatia then why was he included on the bench? At the expense of Sancho for instance. Makes no sense.

maybe because Southgate thought that if England were trailing he could be inserted as an impact sub to try and turn the game in your favor. maybe he rates Jack higher than Sancho?

Just now, a m ole said:

He’s fit. They’re managing the load in order to prevent a recurrence, not because he has one.

which is sensible.

As a Villa supporter this is EXACTLY how I want them to handle this situation.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

We've played Denmark and Belgium. Twice each I believe so I can criticise him. 

By all means criticise...but at least base it on facts.  In his last 12 England appearances, he played Denmark once and never against Belgium..

Anyway - we're going off topic here...so Jack...yeah...looks like it's something that's going to be managed which isn't necessarily a bad thing.  Better to lose him for the odd match here and there rather than 10+ matches in a row.

Edited by chomer
edited for clarity.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

you think facial expressions and your own interpretations of words is evidence of an underlying dislike for Jack? you see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

the facts are that Jack has sustained an injury for a long time and he has been selected by the manager as part of the squad.

why would he be picked if there's a dislike?

Southy is only picking him I think because of all the pressure from every direction. Don't forget Southgate is in the top sports job in this country, if he makes a wrong move like not picking a player, yet that player looks to be an obvious choice then pressure will soon build against him. Southgate is making poor choice after poor choice as well.

It's been clear as day for long time that he's had a problem with Grealish. Have you not noticed all of a sudden the whole cameras zooming in on handshakes between Southgate and Grealish or the friendly was and how it's make clear as day and slapped in all our faces during a game.

There are just more things than one to look at I'm afraid and yeah it still could mean 2 plus 2 is 5 and it's all wrong as there's no evidence, but I'd put a bet with how GS has been with him since the start that he doesn't rate Grealish or like him.

Sooner Southgate is out the England job the better.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

maybe because Southgate thought that if England were trailing he could be inserted as an impact sub to try and turn the game in your favor. maybe he rates Jack higher than Sancho?

So Southgate is willing to risk his injury then, contrary to what he's said?

Just now, est1874 said:

So Southgate is willing to risk his injury then, contrary to what he's said?

maybe not willing to play him the full 90 due to this risk but doesn't view a cameo as a risk of the same magnitude.

4 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Southy is only picking him I think because of all the pressure from every direction. Don't forget Southgate is in the top sports job in this country, if he makes a wrong move like not picking a player, yet that player looks to be an obvious choice then pressure will soon build against him. Southgate is making poor choice after poor choice as well.

It's been clear as day for long time that he's had a problem with Grealish. Have you not noticed all of a sudden the whole cameras zooming in on handshakes between Southgate and Grealish or the friendly was and how it's make clear as day and slapped in all our faces during a game.

There are just more things than one to look at I'm afraid and yeah it still could mean 2 plus 2 is 5 and it's all wrong as there's no evidence, but I'd put a bet with how GS has been with him since the start that he doesn't rate Grealish or like him.

Sooner Southgate is out the England job the better.

fair enough, but I don't think Southgate is blind to Jack's abilities and I think he's a little more pragmatic than you're giving him credit for.

• Like 2

Â