The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, birdman said:

Me three. I'm not too concerned after all he was actually warming up just before Sterling scored. Ridiculous to think he doesn't have a personalized training plan after being out for so long.

Yeah he was 100% coming on until we scored in my opinion.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Exactly. These explanations don't make sense.

For some reason, some people are so desperate to believe that Gareth Southgate isn't just a bitter clint with a chip on his shoulder that they're willing to ignore all evidence to the contrary.

The man has never once spoken fondly about Villa since leaving us. He handed in a transfer request by fax while out of the country and told the press he wanted to leave to join a big club and win honours. He then joined Middlesbrough 😂 and won a League Cup - i.e. no more than he had already won at Villa - while speaking of his relief at having left us. Villa fans vandalized his car outside his house after he'd spoken about wanting to leave.

Cut to the last 18 months or so, and he's treated Jack appallingly badly and disregarded him publicly on numerous occasions by literally refusing to acknowledge media questions about his performances and talking about his favourites instead. Now he's played him in friendlies and named him in the squad to keep the media off his back but won't use him in tournament games unless he gets truly desperate.

What more evidence do people need. The man isn't just a tool, he's the entire shed. He plays Tyrone because he has to; he doesn't have any other decent options at CB in a back 4 with Maguire injured. I predicted last year after Jack's first call-up but before his injury lay-off that he'd barely feature in this tournament and that looks to be on course. It's got little to do with his shins and a lot to do with the manager not liking him and having zero affinity for a club he once captained in cup finals.

I agree with you, there is just wayto much for even blind people to not see the bad Southgate has towards Villa and Grealish.

Now what is his reasoning of hate or whatever it is he has against this club or its players I do not know.

I think Southgate should be made to do a lie detector test over Grealish 🤣 as should any England manager to see if there are any players or clubs they will not pick from or favour, or just be plain biased over. It wouldn't be tough to find out. So yeah Jeremy Kyle I have a whole new series for you interviewing football managers your first clients are Gareth Southgate and John Terry.

28 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

OK, you asked:

- Anyone who has an understanding of the game could see that Jack is an unbelievable player, even at Championship level. He should have been called up while in The Championship.

- Southgate claims that Jack has to play in the PL before he can be considered, despite going on to contradict this and call up Kalvin Phillips with no PL experience (even called up before Jack!)

- Jack showed top quality form for us in the PL and it still took an age for him to be selected.

- The only reason he was eventually selected is because everyone noticed how special he is and started shouting it. Southgate doesn't want his grudge against Jack to become public, because he's aware of how petty it would look, so he gets a very long overdue callup.

- Then there is Southgate's extremely weird answers to questions about Grealish in recent years. Even at one point hinting that Callum Hudson-Odoi (yes, Callum Hudson-Odoi!) was ahead of him in the pecking order, and even came across that all he cared about was Jack's number of goals. I mean you must be the dumbest man alive to not see what Jack offers other than goals.

- We get to the Euros. Jack has been MOTM what, 4 times in his 6/7 caps? He's better than all of our other wide/playmaker options yet Southgate picks everyone ahead of him.

I think Southgate is starting to be convinced by Jack, and maybe by a change in his personality/growing up. But to say there's been no grudge against him I think is just ignoring plain facts.

it could be a grudge, but it could equally be a flaw in his game, he is concerned about.

Jack in his own admission has things he could be better at and has worked on as a result of speaking to the England Manager.

If I remember correctly Paul Gascoigne had his doubters too....meaning parts of his game was seen as cavalier, by some....and not the best at some things.

What Jack 's forte is, is up there with the worlds best.....but its what he does not so well, might concern Southgate, in the early games.....Without the ball, Jack could be better and thats an observation, not a criticism.

I love the kid, he is up there with the best Players Aston Villa have ever had....but we need to keep some perspective......We all Love Jack, and we want whats best for him and to get the recognition, we think he deserves.

I would much rather be patient and see Jack in a quarter final of semi final where his stock, would surely rise more....We don't want to see him burnt out playing 9 games and coming back to us knackered.

What I want to see from Jack is quality not quantity.....and parodoxically, the more he doesn't play, the better he gets, think about it........its par for the course......The best acts are always on LAST.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I agree with you, there is just wayto much for even blind people to not see the bad Southgate has towards Villa and Grealish.

Now what is his reasoning of hate or whatever it is he has against this club or its players I do not know.

I think Southgate should be made to do a lie detector test over Grealish 🤣 as should any England manager to see if there are any players or clubs they will not pick from or favour, or just be plain biased over. It wouldn't be tough to find out. So yeah Jeremy Kyle I have a whole new series for you interviewing football managers your first clients are Gareth Southgate and John Terry.

Sounds like a TV show Alan Partridge would conjure up. Monkey tennis anyone?! 

• Haha 1

Just now, birdman said:

Sounds like a TV show Alan Partridge would conjure up. Monkey tennis anyone?! 

Ahhhh arrrrrrhhh...

Used to love Alan partridge. Monkey Tennis sound like some Japanese Anime show lol.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

it could be a grudge, but it could equally be a flaw in his game, he is concerned about.

Jack in his own admission has things he could be better at and has worked on as a result of speaking to the England Manager.

If I remember correctly Paul Gascoigne had his doubters too....meaning parts of his game was seen as cavalier, by some....and not the best at some things.

What Jack 's forte is, is up there with the worlds best.....but its what he does not so well, might concern Southgate, in the early games.....Without the ball, Jack could be better and thats an observation, not a criticism.

I love the kid, he is up there with the best Players Aston Villa have ever had....but we need to keep some perspective......We all Love Jack, and we want whats best for him and to get the recognition, we think he deserves.

I would much rather be patient and see Jack in a quarter final of semi final where his stock, would surely rise more....We don't want to see him burnt out playing 9 games and coming back to us knackered.

What I want to see from Jack is quality not quantity.....and parodoxically, the more he doesn't play, the better he gets, think about it........its par for the course......The best acts are always on LAST.

I've never got this, I think Jack has always had an exceptional workrate and wins a surprising amount of duels. I can't see many faults in his game at all, but on the contrary, I can see several glaring flaws in Sterling and Rashford's games, so why would Southgate be happy to ignore those?

And I've never rated Jack because he plays for Villa, I rate him because he is a special player.

• Like 1

There's literally nothing Mason Mount can do that Jack can't do better. And yet he plays.

So either Jack is still somewhat injured or Southgate is a clueless big nosed **** who would rather stubbornly bench England's best player before admitting he was wrong.

Hmmm....

• Like 1

Just now, blandy said:

For some reason, some people are so desperate to believe that Gareth Southgate is just a bitter clint with a chip on his shoulder that they're willing to ignore all evidence to the contrary.

what is that evidence? Well, obviously he’s selected him for the squad. And he’s spent ages watching Jack play, talking to him in the stands when he was injured. He started him in the two friendlies and was about to bring him on just when Sterling scored. Jack himself has praised how GS has been towards him and has focused him on what he needs to do.

He was included when Sancho was left out on Sunday. 

This thread is completely mental. Yes absolutely I’d have a fully fit Jack in the starting 11, but starting the tournament with Sterling and Kane who have been scoring for fun in recent England games and who are England’s 2 most capped squad members was possibly cautious, possibly sound management. Playing Sterling will have given him a big confidence boost, particularly as he then scored the winner. Foden on the right was a decent choice. He’s a fabulous player.

”I think he should have played Jack” is a fine and fair view.

”I think GS is bitter, has an agenda, hates Jack and hates Villa” is paranoid delusional.

Look at all the points I posted a page or two back, if you can explain the reasoning behind all that, I'd love to hear it.

• Like 2

We'll probably need to face it, Jack is seen as a player who can start when needed to break down opposition who will defend deep. He's also an impact sub to bring on if England need a goal as he will get fouls from tired defences and can find a key pass

7 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I've never got this, I think Jack has always had an exceptional workrate and wins a surprising amount of duels. I can't see many faults in his game at all, but on the contrary, I can see several glaring flaws in Sterling and Rashford's games, so why would Southgate be happy to ignore those?

And I've never rated Jack because he plays for Villa, I rate him because he is a special player.

I am not saying, he doesn't work hard, that would be folly......I am saying what some folk might see, different to us.

I am trying to be objective and see why, they don't play him in all games......Southgate wants to win every game, so I am trying to see, what he see's.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I am not saying, he doesn't work hard, that would be folly......I am saying what some folk might see, different to us.

I am trying to be objective and see why, they don't play him in all games......Southgate wants to win every game, so I am trying to see, what he see's.

Yeah, I must admit I will never understand his thinking.

4 minutes ago, blandy said:

For some reason, some people are so desperate to believe that Gareth Southgate is just a bitter clint with a chip on his shoulder that they're willing to ignore all evidence to the contrary.

what is that evidence? Well, obviously he’s selected him for the squad. And he’s spent ages watching Jack play, talking to him in the stands when he was injured. He started him in the two friendlies and was about to bring him on just when Sterling scored. Jack himself has praised how GS has been towards him and has focused him on what he needs to do.

This thread is completely mental. Yes absolutely I’d have a fully fit Jack in the starting 11, but starting the tournament with Sterling and Kane who have been scoring for fun in recent England games and who are England’s 2 most capped squad members was possibly cautious, possibly sound management. Playing Sterling will have given him a big confidence boost, particularly as he then scored the winner. Foden on the right was a decent choice. He’s a fabulous player.

”I think GS is bitter, has an agenda, hates Jack and hates Villa” is paranoid delusional.

Good post Pete....I think you are right.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, blandy said:

I got called out by someone for stating some posts were just paranoid meltdown but it's true. According to some all evidence points to Southgate hating Jack or some other anti Villa conspiracy when in fact the opposite is true. Crazy. 

• Like 2

Just now, birdman said:

I got called out by someone for stating some posts were just paranoid meltdown but it's true. According to some all evidence points to Southgate hating Jack or some other anti Villa conspiracy when in fact the opposite is true. Crazy. 

So you genuinely think there's no chance whatsoever there could be an issue between them since the U21 days?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Haven’t read all of the thread, Jack is a special performer and has qualities that other outstanding players don’t have, however failing to get a manager to pick him is not a new thing, names like Alan Hudson, Stan Bowles, Tony Curry, Frank Worthington, Matt le Tissier and even Glenn Hoddle to a lesser extent all got fewer caps than their talent deserved because their managers didn’t pick them for whatever reason.

Â