The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

That was Croatia’s 7th defeat in 12 games. Fans and pundits alike are viewing them through rose tinted spectacles imo. We won but it was a average performance. We just shaded possession and had 2 shots on goal and 1 corner against a team who are fragile atm. Sterling justified his inclusion though as he was the best of the attackers and got the winner. Foden was average and nothing like the player you watch at City. Kane will continue to struggle given the way we constantly try to play to Sterling’s strengths, as opposed to Kane’s, which I find odd.

Grealish will hopefully get some minutes against Scotland but I’m not confident he will get many. Feel a bit sorry for him as the media clamour for him seems just to get Southgate’s back up more towards him.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, useless said:

I have no doubt whatsoever, that if Grealish was a Man City or Man Utd player, he'd be starting for England. I think anyone who thinks otherwise is deluding themselves.

Funny you say this as you’re ranting from an extremely biased stand point. 

yes Jack is great, so are the players that started today. They also played well today. England got the result they needed. So no loss  

Jack will get his chance this tournament, so will Luke Shaw, Ben Chillwill, Reece James and Jordan Sancho. 

This England squad has some fantastic depth. Probably the best there’s been in years. So, as deep as England get in the tournament they will not be relying on the same tired legs to get them through tougher matches. 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 2

For the first time in the history of the tournament England have won their opening match. They controlled the game, Croatia could do nothing out there. A win against the toughest opponent in their group, a clean sheet and they are well set up on their way towatds qualification for the knockout stages. 

So what if Grealish didn’t get on today? He wasn’t required and his replacement scored the winner and took home the MOTM award. Another player much derided on here before the match was Phillips, yet he would have been my MOTM. Trippier was another derided for being played at left back but kept a clean sheet.

I think a few on here were gutted England won after their prematch predictions.

• Like 3

How is saying that Grealish should be starting biased, he's objectively one of the best players in the world and would improve any team in the world, there's a reason why he's constantly linked to the likes of Man Utd and Man City for record fees, it's not like people are complaining that some average player hasn't been used, with perhaps the exception of Kane, he's England's best player, and it's not just Vila fans that are staggered that he wasn't used either.

4 minutes ago, useless said:

How is saying that Grealish should be starting biased, he's objectively one of the best players in the world and would improve any team in the world, there's a reason why he's constantly linked to the likes of Man Utd and Man City for record fees, it's not like people are complaining that some average player hasn't been used, with perhaps the exception of Kane, he's England's best player, and it's not just Vila fans that are staggered that he wasn't used either.

Because England have an embarrassment of riches in the wide forward positions. Sancho is also linked to Man United for record fees and he can’t even make the 23 man squad. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, LondonLax said:

Because England have an embarrassment of riches in the wide forward positions. Sancho is also linked to Man United for record fees and he can’t even make the 23 man squad. 

This is equally ridiculous to Grealish not getting minutes for me. Rashford plays left wing and has played their badly in recent months for United. Yet Southgate has him coming on as first sub on the right with our actual in form right winger (Sancho) not even in the squad.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Sorry, was thinking 26 man squad!  Yes, mad that the first change for the RW wasn't in the match squad.  Safegate is probably thinking that he has enough right backs to cover the RW!😉

Edited by barry'sboots

Just now, barry'sboots said:

I'm pretty sure Sancho is in the 23 man squad?????

He's in the 26 man squad, but they take 23 players to each game and Sancho, for reasons known only to Southgate, wasn't one of them.

9 minutes ago, useless said:

Dude, can you use the quote tab please. 

jordon Sancho is a generational talent. He also didn’t get a start, let alone a bench seat. 

as I said, England has the best squad depth they had in years. And Jack didn’t get a start because Mount, Foden and Sterling started. 3 other world class players. The weakest one on current form scored the winning goal and the official motm. He was fantastic, great pick from Southgate. 

Jack will get his chance and he will get his chance to show his worth. 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

This is equally ridiculous to Grealish not getting minutes for me. Rashford plays left wing and has played their badly in recent months for United. Yet Southgate has him coming on as first sub on the right with our actual in form right winger (Sancho) not even in the squad.

Can only think Sancho had a knock or isn’t putting it in during training. Can’t think of any other reason to have 2 GK’s on the bench!

Grealish is a better player than Foden, Mount, Sterling, Rashford and Sancho. Sancho was really poor in the last friendly that's probably why he didn't get in the 23 man squad, Grealish has arguably been England's best player in the games he's played.

Weird thing about Grealish is that I think even a lot of Villa still underrate or don't realize how good he is, you're allowed to think that he should be starting ahead of certain England players, that doesn't mean that you think those players are bad, or that you're biased just because Grealish is a Villa player.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Grealish is a better player than Foden, Mount, Sterling, Rashford and Sancho. Sancho was really poor in the last friendly that's probably why he didn't get in the 23 man squad, Grealish has arguably been England's best player in the games he's played.

Weird thing about Grealish is that I think even a lot of Villa still underrate or don't realize how good he is, you're allowed to think that he should be starting ahead of certain England players, that doesn't mean that you think those players are bad, or that you're biased just because Grealish is a Villa player.

Sancho has been rubbish every single time he has played for England. But two gks on the bench means he must have a knock. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, useless said:

Gutted Jack didn't start, with him I think we breeze past them today and Jack would be on course for player.of the tournament.  The idiot mamger will ensure he has no chance of winning that honour though.

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Jack, Mount, Foden are equally amazing. They offer different things to a team. Sterling and Rashford are wide forwards and give a team like England a lot more pace and goal threats, which the other 3 are not quite as known for. 

in this current England squad there is no shame in being left out of a particular game. 

• Like 1

He does not fancy Jack, full stop. To give him 0 minutes today while playing those frauds Sterling and Rashford says it all. When asked about him in interviews his politician comes out and he comes out with some of the strangest crap you'll ever see, while he's happy to wax lyrical about other players. There is an agenda, one that is probably slowly disappearing, but it's there.

Mourinho, Wenger, Rooney, Cesc and Ozil all see the quality of Grealish and say he should start. Southgate doesn't agree 😂

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

I'm really not sure it is big club bias - he obviously played Phillips from Leeds and Rice from WHU who are no bigger than us.  I just think Safegate has SBS ("Steve Bruce Syndrome") - he plays negative football and tends to revert to type consistently.

Doubt it. It's no coincidence neither Sancho nor Grealish played and neither of the two plays for the usual suspects. Mings wouldn't be picked either if the alternative wasn't Coady or White.

Henderson just got back from injury as well. He'll get his automatic slot along with Kane fast enough.

22 minutes ago, useless said:

Or what if Grealish is a DIFFERENT type of player, and the manager simply doesn't think he fits the criteria/system he wanted to play against that particular opposition?

You know, like how Deano has preferred Luiz etc over Nakamba for a majority of the season, even though Nakamba has done well every time he comes in, for example? Which some fans disagree with?

Sterling, although out of form, has more big game/International experience than Jack, so does Rashford, and maybe even Foden to a certain extent - even though younger.

For example, there are teams which have individual players ( Stars ) better than Man City players, but Man City are still a better team, than those teams. Sometimes it's about a TEAM, not an individual, as football fans, I thought some of you would be able to use some footballing sense, to take that into consideration.

About to blaspheme here, but SOMETIMES, Jack still holds onto the ball too long. This type of competition is about getting results, full stop, not about appeasing fans. Maybe he is just a " SAFE " manager?

But no, thinking Southgate spends time out of his life to have an agenda against Villa players and Jack Grealish, makes more sense than any of that, of course.

It won't be the first time Good or great players get left out of certain teams, because they might not suit the system, at a particular time, for a number of reasons, and it won't be the last ffs.

At the end of the day, he will get his chance, if/when the time is right. Just allow him to grow into the team, smh.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 minute ago, useless said:

I think Grealish is comfortably better than Mount and Foden, it's okay to say that without being accused of being biased and it doesn't mean to say that one thinks Foden and Mount are bad players, just that Grealish is the better player, maybe Foden being so young can become even better, but that's not guaranteed as it doesn't always work out that just because a player is exceptional at young age that they just keep getting better and better, I hope he does keep improving good luck to him, but for now Grealish is the better player.

Take Grealish out of our team and replace him with any of Mount or Foden and they would have no where near the same impact, we go from relegation form side, to team capable of competing for Europe with Grealish in the side, and by the same token both Man City and Chelsea would improve if they replaced Foden and Mount with Grealish.

the dude your opinion GIF

and it’s wrong and full of Villa fan biased

• Haha 2

Â