The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

19 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I legit think he's just trolling with the Grealish hate tbh. 

Or maybe he just has a thing for having the unpopular/unique opinion which manifested itself as thinking every 16yo who could kick a ball as the next Messi. But doesn't really work with Jack considering everyone here loves him.

I don’t hate him, I just think he’s become overrated by virtually everyone. It seems that if anyone dares to go against the grain or do something even remotely different then they are chastised or shot down

42 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I very much doubt Grealish will get anywhere near that amount ever in his career

Grealish knocks around with Stormsy. He is a total rock star. Platty used to knock around mere green with a few fat blokes from Sutton! He was good Platt to be fair but Grealish is on another level. Injury permitting he will do great things

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I don’t hate him, I just think he’s become overrated by virtually everyone. It seems that if anyone dares to go against the grain or do something even remotely different then they are chastised or shot down

It is very rare for VT to agree on things, purely the fact that everyone is praising Jack shows it’s not them overrating him, and you underrating him. 

I have never seen one player to be so influential for our side, where everything and everyone looks for him all the time. (Benteke was close, but he still needed runners around him to pull defenders away, a move Sherwood did well when first took over). 

For me, I think he gets into and has a positive affect on any team in the league. The fact that Southgate has overlooked, is no way detriment to Jack, it’s Southgate being an idiot 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Exceptional player. For more reasons than I can be arsed to give, he's proven this season he's exactly what we need to keep hold of. I'll just throw out three. 

1) His undoubted quality. In a very mediocre Villa squad he performs in the PL now as a world class player. 

2) His Villa connections. Having a captain that can connect fans and club while performing is massive. 

3) The age he is. The nationality he holds. The type of footballer he's turned into. This type of player is very rare. 

I was sceptical and not convinced to his start to the season, but he's turned it around with style. His stats speak for themselves. 

I think however we need to be careful not to become a one man show. Very often clubs with one stand out player become a better TEAM after he leaves cause they need to grind out more gears when the main man isn't there. What we need to figure out is how to keep him and develop to a solid PL side. 

It would be a sign of resignation of this football club if we think we can't keep hold of a CL level player and develop at the same time. 

Superb footballer. Hope he stays a Villa legend for life. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Exceptional player. For more reasons than I can be arsed to give, he's proven this season he's exactly what we need to keep hold of. I'll just throw out three. 

1) His undoubted quality. In a very mediocre Villa squad he performs in the PL now as a world class player. 

2) His Villa connections. Having a captain that can connect fans and club while performing is massive. 

3) The age he is. The nationality he holds. The type of footballer he's turned into. This type of player is very rare. 

I was sceptical and not convinced to his start to the season, but he's turned it around with style. His stats speak for themselves. 

I think however we need to be careful not to become a one man show. Very often clubs with one stand out player become a better TEAM after he leaves cause they need to grind out more gears when the main man isn't there. What we need to figure out is how to keep him and develop to a solid PL side. 

It would be a sign of resignation of this football club if we think we can't keep hold of a CL level player and develop at the same time. 

Superb footballer. Hope he stays a Villa legend for life. 

Have you joined the Jack Grealish butthurt club? ;) We just need to convert one more VillaTalker and we have a full house :)

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

No. That's my opinion. But I completely agree with SGC that it's impossible to have a contrarian view on Grealish on this site due to his fan club. 

I guess it depends on your view or how you come across in your posts  Many times i’ve talked him down or spoke about how we are getting carried away with how good he is and not once have this so called fan club had a go at me. 

35 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

@sir_gary_cahill has added about 5 pages on this thread when we’re not even playing! 

Surprised you can’t see how good he is mate. 

It was @sir_gary_cahill who first bigged Jack up on Villa Talk before anyone knew of him when he was 14 years old here! Why have you changed your opinion on Jack now SGC mate? 

Edited by Villan4Life

I was a little on the fence about Jack at the start of last season. I don't think he played well, didn't have a left foot and sole contribution seemed to be buying free kicks. He picked up a bit before his injury but my word since that injury last season he looks a different player. He's beefed up and added some real strength and running power to his game and he really started dictating our play.

This season he's taken it to a whole new level and added the one thing he lacked even last season, goals and assists. For the stick I've seen Smith get for not playing him central getting him higher up the pitch as a winger has brought out the best in him. 

Even fans of our rival teams are acknowledging his ability now, I respect everyone's opinions (even when they're wrong 😉)  but I can't understand how anyone, let alone a Villa fan, wouldn't rate him. Still, each to their own and we'll find out over the next few years who's right

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

It's kind of weird because this is the only time SGC has ever been right about one of our Academy Graduates. And now he's the only one disagreeing with himself. 

😄

I thought that the other week. Never change SGC.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

It's kind of weird because this is the only time SGC has ever been right about one of our Academy Graduates. And now he's the only one disagreeing with himself. 

😄

Errr. Wouldn't her username, that you actually abbrivated, give you a clue that's incorrect? 

2 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

It was @sir_gary_cahill who first bigged Jack up on Villa Talk before anyone knew of him when he was 14 years old here! Why have you changed your opinion on Jack now SGC mate? 

Simply because Jack is now popular and Sir Gary is a contrarian. I don't know if multiple people post on SGC account or he's just wound me up to the extent I've convinced myself they do.

I think we're very lucky to enjoy Jack, and the effort levels he puts in are a testament to his commitment.

Can't see us staying up this season but I'm confident Jack will be the man working his hardest to stop that from happening.

Ugh. Anyone but Man Utd. Christ.

Like most of us (I assume), I'd be much, much happier with him leaving for a team on the continent. Hell, I'd even begrudge him going to City, Spurs or Liverpool - even Chelsea or Arsenal - as long as he never touches those red manc words removed. I think a part of me would die inside if he did that.

Nothing meaningful to add, really. Growing up in the North as a Villa supporter has made me a little sore. 😀

Edited by His Name Is Death
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Simply because Jack is now popular and Sir Gary is a contrarian. I don't know if multiple people post on SGC account or he's just wound me up to the extent I've convinced myself they do.

I think we're very lucky to enjoy Jack, and the effort levels he puts in are a testament to his commitment.

Can't see us staying up this season but I'm confident Jack will be the man working his hardest to stop that from happening.

It is only me that posts on this account, in my opinion, Grealish isn’t a leader, he doesn’t rally the troops or shout encouragement.How have I wound you up? Because I have a different opinion to everyone else? I often see strolling back on the halfway line when the rest of our team is trying their hardest to get back in to position. For me, Grealish has done nothing to warrant the praise he has received from top managers and the press. Yes, he has scored a few great goals but he doesn’t dominate a game or take a game by the scruff of the kneck. He comes across to me like ‘I’m too good for this team’ and no player should do that, regardless of how good they are

Â