The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Jack will never want to leave. He loves the club and it would probably break his heart. But as I’ve said before football careers are short.

He is a special talent that will get the chance to play at the highest level and challenge for league titles and champions league. These are are once in a life time opportunities and he would be absolutely mental to not take that chance and there is no way the club can hold him back. 

But we must get top dollar for him whether it’s this summer or the next so every penny can be spent on new signings. That’s the most important thing for the club. 

As for all the Man U speculation. Just look at the sources. He’d be absolutely mental to join Man U at this moment in time. Especially when City will be looking for big signings this summer.  Pep would take him to the next level.

But Man U are still a massive club.

The real crux is......can we spend the money wisely to go close to compensating his loss.....i have my doubts.

we will never attract another player like him.

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

The real crux is......can we spend the money wisely to go close to compensating his loss.....i have my doubts.

Yes they are but are they realistically going to be challenging for trophies anytime soon? They can’t even get in the top 4.

If he joined Man U over other teams it would be purely for the money In my opinion. 

No we can’t replace Jack but we can sign 2-3 very good players to try and create a better team rather than an average one with a star.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TRO said:

Massive club, yes but they are either at worst a club in chaos or at best are in transition and it will take many years to sort out.  In footballing terms I wouldn’t go there and would only consider if it was for money if I was in Jack’s position.  He has more than one chance to get to the top, he shouldn’t jump at any opportunity, he should go for the right opportunity.  Man U could be a graveyard for his talent given where they are at.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Jack will never want to leave. He loves the club and it would probably break his heart. But as I’ve said before football careers are short.

He is a special talent that will get the chance to play at the highest level and challenge for league titles and champions league. These are are once in a life time opportunities and he would be absolutely mental to not take that chance and there is no way the club can hold him back. 

But we must get top dollar for him whether it’s this summer or the next so every penny can be spent on new signings. That’s the most important thing for the club. 

As for all the Man U speculation. Just look at the sources. He’d be absolutely mental to join Man U at this moment in time. Especially when City will be looking for big signings this summer.  Pep would take him to the next level.

If you think grealish wouldnt leave villa, then I'm sorry to say you are wrong.

I also desperately wish he wouldnt leave, but I have no doubt he would.

Whether he stays or goes if we stay up im not sure, hopefully he would still want to stay to help us progress, but I do wonder if he would stay if we got relegated.

He said in an interview in the summer that if we hadn't got promoted he would have left, he actually said that, so there is literally no debate around "grealish wouldnt leave his boyhood club", he literally stated he would have left to progress his career, so to argue he wouldnt is a pointless arguement.

I think grealish is probably the best player I have ever seen in a villa shirt, and i would hate it if he left, but the only positives I can try and take from it is we would need to milk the buying club for every possible penny we could get, and ensure that money is reinvested wisely.

After all, look at leicester, they lost Mahrez, Maguire, kante, drinkwater (and prob others), but reinvested wisely and are now a much better team for it, a team can lose it's best player and progress if the money is reinvested properly.

I just hope we can manage the same if grealish does leave.

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yes they are but are they realistically going to be challenging for trophies anytime soon? They can’t even get in the top 4.

If he joined Man U over other teams it would be purely for the money In my opinion. 

No we can’t replace Jack but we can sign 2-3 very good players to try and create a better team rather than an average one with a star.

If he does go like you say.....i hope  he goes to a top team as opposed to a top club...but i guess money talks.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Massive club, yes but they are either at worst a club in chaos or at best are in transition and it will take many years to sort out.  In footballing terms I wouldn’t go there and would only consider if it was for money if I was in Jack’s position.  He has more than one chance to get to the top, he shouldn’t jump at any opportunity, he should go for the right opportunity.  Man U could be a graveyard for his talent given where they are at.

I agree Nick.

8 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

He said in an interview in the summer that if we hadn't got promoted he would have left, he actually said that, so there is literally no debate around "grealish wouldnt leave his boyhood club", he literally stated he would have left to progress his career, so to argue he wouldnt is a pointless arguement.

If we'd stayed in the Championship Grealish would have left because of the financial implications and not to further his career.

If we stay up in the PL i think he'd be with us for a couple more seasons.

• Like 1

I remember when I was being called out and the attempts to ridicule me and make me feel uncomfortable for saying Grealish was going to become the same caliber as David Silva and Coutinho. People were saying he's not even scoring or assisting all that much in the championship, how can he possibly reach that level, he'll probably go on to be a mid-table starter.

Well, if you want to listen to me now, this club needs to do everything in reach to keep Grealish at this club. Our rise to European prominence rests on the kind of talent and spirit he possesses. You can build a very successful team with him in it, as he has the capacity to outdo the efforts if multiple players who cannot compete at his level.

City were successful in becoming European powerhouse status simply because they were able to employ and retain the services of the likes of David Silva, Sergio Aguero, Yaya Toure and to a lesser extent Vincent Kompany. Likewise, Chelsea had mainstays like Lampard, Drogba, Makelele, Terry, Malouda etc.

We currently have Grealish, Mings, McGinn and Luiz, who I believe can be the same caliber as mentioned previously, but we need to keep them and allow them more than a single season together.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I agree with this, I assume that Grealish will leave in the Summer, he’ll go with my blessing but I think it could benefit the club if the transfer money is spent wisely. Last summer, we seemed to just spend willy nilly with no plan or direction, even though Purslow talked the talk during his press interviews

Sick of seeing tabloid bollocks printed on my phone news feeds by know-nothing words removed grasping at straws. Touting Wankcheser Yahnited as Grealish's next step.

Same old shit that's been happening for decades. Just **** off the lot of ya.

As for Grealish, if he leaves he'll just be another faceless player in a multi million pound spend by one of the "big clubs".

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

If you think grealish wouldnt leave villa, then I'm sorry to say you are wrong.

I also desperately wish he wouldnt leave, but I have no doubt he would.

Whether he stays or goes if we stay up im not sure, hopefully he would still want to stay to help us progress, but I do wonder if he would stay if we got relegated.

I think grealish is probably the best player I have ever seen in a villa shirt, and i would hate it if he left, but the only positives I can try and take from it is we would need to milk the buying club for every possible penny we could get, and ensure that money is reinvested wisely.

After all, look at leicester, they lost Mahrez, Maguire, kante, drinkwater (and prob others), but reinvested wisely and are now a much better team for it, a team can lose it's best player and progress if the money is reinvested properly.

I just hope we can manage the same if grealish does leave.

I think the key is....reinvest wisely.

we have to remember it would be unlikely to attract a player of Grealish's quality....its ok having money, the players would have to want to come.

I think it would be much easier to build a team around him, properly.

We have 13 cup finals to help , make that possible.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I remember when I was being called out and the attempts to ridicule me and make me feel uncomfortable for saying Grealish was going to become the same caliber as David Silva and Coutinho. People were saying he's not even scoring or assisting all that much in the championship, how can he possibly reach that level, he'll probably go on to be a mid-table starter.

Well, if you want to listen to me now, this club needs to do everything in reach to keep Grealish at this club. Our rise to European prominence rests on the kind of talent and spirit he possesses. You can build a very successful team with him in it, as he has the capacity to outdo the efforts if multiple players who cannot compete at his level.

City were successful in becoming European powerhouse status simply because they were able to employ and retain the services of the likes of David Silva, Sergio Aguero, Yaya Toure and to a lesser extent Vincent Kompany. Likewise, Chelsea had mainstays like Lampard, Drogba, Makelele, Terry, Malouda etc.

We currently have Grealish, Mings, McGinn and Luiz, who I believe can be the same caliber as mentioned previously, but we need to keep them and allow them more than a single season together.

The key was his incremental development and adding physicality to his game.I think he is still improving.

To forsee, any players improvement is very difficult imo......but well done if you forseen that....you was right.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Sick of seeing tabloid bollocks printed on my phone news feeds by know-nothing words removed grasping at straws. Touting Wankcheser Yahnited as Grealish's next step.

Same old shit that's been happening for decades. Just **** off the lot of ya.

As for Grealish, if he leaves he'll just be another faceless player in a multi million pound spend by one of the "big clubs".

They have to keep their natives happy.......playing football clearly isn't.

I've said it before, if we stay up it will be a massive test on the real ambition of the owners in taking us to the next level.

So far they are doing the right things, improving the training ground, team etc.

Will they pay the top players the wages, 100k/150k/200k per week to compete?? Thats a big question mark.

Stay up, give Jack a new 200k per week contract, buy better players etc and he has a chance of staying. Intriguing.

Go down and he's gone, simple as that.

3 minutes ago, imavillan said:

I've said it before, if we stay up it will be a massive test on the real ambition of the owners in taking us to the next level.

So far they are doing the right things, improving the training ground, team etc.

Will they pay the top players the wages, 100k/150k/200k per week to compete?? Thats a big question mark.

Stay up, give Jack a new 200k per week contract, buy better players etc and he has a chance of staying. Intriguing.

Go down and he's gone, simple as that.

I think he’s gone if we stay up or go down

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he’s gone if we stay up or go down

If we stay up why? Maybe, maybe not. Only time will tell.

It depends on the ambition of the owners and taking us to the next level they keep telling us about. They have already stated that they want to build a team around him.

31 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I agree with this, I assume that Grealish will leave in the Summer, he’ll go with my blessing but I think it could benefit the club if the transfer money is spent wisely. Last summer, we seemed to just spend willy nilly with no plan or direction, even though Purslow talked the talk during his press interviews

Bit harsh that. We started the summer with 2 first team players. 

1 minute ago, imavillan said:

If we stay up why? Maybe, maybe not. Only time will tell.

It depends on the ambition of the owners and taking us to the next level they keep telling us about. They have already stated that they want to build a team around him.

You could argue it depends on the ambitious of Jack too. I don’t care how big the plans are for the club we aren’t going to be challenging for titles or playing in Champions league any time soon. Jack is 25 next season so will be looking at 5 more years or so at his best. He needs to move on in my opinion. 

Â