The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he’s gone if we stay up or go down

Why? I’m not sure anybody will pay the money we want at the moment if we stay up and I’m not sure Jack will force the move this summer.  He’ll see what we do for one more season.  If he proves it next season as well, the top clubs will then pay top dollar and Jack will get a move that is better for him.  I think this summer it will be teams over-trying to become big again like Man U....but the Liverpool’s, Man City and Barca’s will want to see more than one season at top level to pay big bucks.  We know his talent but the rest of the world are just learning....

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You could argue it depends on the ambitious of Jack too. I don’t care how big the plans are for the club we aren’t going to be challenging for titles or playing in Champions league any time soon. Jack is 25 next season so will be looking at 5 more years or so at his best. He needs to move on in my opinion. 

Let’s hope we can spring a surprise in the cup final. Winners medal, Europa League and still in PL and he stays for sure imo.

Given the type of player Jack is, who doesn’t rely on speed, he can expect to play at the top level for another 10 years easily. I don’t think we need to wave him off just yet for the sake of his career, not that this should be a factor anyway. We need to do what is the best for the club.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You could argue it depends on the ambitious of Jack too. I don’t care how big the plans are for the club we aren’t going to be challenging for titles or playing in Champions league any time soon. Jack is 25 next season so will be looking at 5 more years or so at his best. He needs to move on in my opinion. 

Somebody still needs to pay the money for him though....it’s going to be a big fee for any club.  Whether you argue he’s worth 50m, 80m or 100m, there aren’t many that can afford that and willing to pay it.  They may feel they have other options as well if our fee is too high, whether that’s players in England like Maddison or Mount....or players abroad of high ability.  All ducks have to fall in line for him to leave and hopefully for us means we get at least another season.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Are you Jack's agent trying to get him a move?

Not every player will think that playing in the Champions League is the holy grail you know.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Not every player will think that playing in the Champions League is the holy grail you know.

What's funny is how he's sounding like he's actually not a Villa supporter. 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I agree with this, I assume that Grealish will leave in the Summer, he’ll go with my blessing but I think it could benefit the club if the transfer money is spent wisely. Last summer, we seemed to just spend willy nilly with no plan or direction, even though Purslow talked the talk during his press interviews

I’m also sick of saying players can go with our blessing.  We’ve developed him from a kid, why should we lose him.  We are now benefitting from that 20 years of investment in him, we should rightly have him for a season or two more before him moving to a top club.  

We aren’t a feeder club, we are a premier league club with rich owners and ambition, let’s be selfish for once....he owes us a bit as well.  He’s done nothing wrong and he’s rewarding us with promotion and hopefully keeping us in the league, a bit more next season and then he can enjoy his time in the sun.

These last few pages have been a bit bonkers. Anyway, I'd be gutted if he ended up at United. I'm fed up how their fans seem to think that Maddison will be too much so they'll just get Grealish on the cheap. 

16 minutes ago, imavillan said:

I did say in my opinion mate.  I don’t think he should just be playing in it. He should be playing in a team that can realistically win it. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

8 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

What's funny is how he's sounding like he's actually not a Villa supporter. 

If an opinion that an exceptional talent should be playing for a team challenging for league and champions league titles means I don’t sound like a Villa supporter. Then so be it. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If an opinion that an exceptional talent should be playing for a team challenging for league and champions league titles means I don’t sound like a Villa supporter. Then so be it. 

Yeah when the team you want him removed from is the one you supposedly support, yeah that's what it sounds like. But I see your PoV. 🤓

5 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Yeah when the team you want him removed from is the one you supposedly support, yeah that's what it sounds like. But I see your PoV. 🤓

Didn’t really say I want it to happen did I?   Obviously I’d want Jack to spend his whole career with us. Who wouldn’t?

But if I was him I’d move on.  

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

His fan club?!

you mean Aston Villa fans

No I don't. There's an irrational protection of Grealish on here even when he plays subpar, simply because he's a Vills boy and local.

But you knew this, do not sure why I'm even responding to PFEs. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

No I don't. There's an irrational protection of Grealish on here even when he plays subpar, simply because he's a Vills boy and local.

But you knew this, do not sure why I'm even responding to PFEs. 

I didn’t know this. 

yes People are protective of him because he’s a homegrown lad and one of the best players we’ve ever produced. 

You can have a contrarian view of him but it’ll be rightly countered by Aston Villa fans. 

4 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Wish he could just come out and state he's staying with the club and sign a new 10 year contract. Would stop the journalists write so much utter shite. 

He's made for life now already, so he's at fork where he can either stay and become a legend or leave and just become another academy product that most fans will remember with an ambivalent taste. Personally hope he goes the road of Le Tissier. 

The press would still continue to write stuff that’s what they do. Hell even the likes of Gerrard would get linked to Liverpool every year. 

Id also say it’s more than money. Jack wants to play at the very top, and play for his country. I’d imagine he wants to play in champions league and win trophies. He has to see if that will happen at Villa. If we stay up and really start to bring in some top players, then he stays. If not I’d imagine he goes.

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

His fan club?!

you mean Aston Villa fans

Apparently there is an Irrational defence of Jack which means you part of his fan club.  But If you think Jack should move on and be playing at the highest level it means you don’t even sound like a Villa fan!  

Cant bloody win. :)

Â