The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

You think Jack is on Sane’s level?

Remember 2 years a go when everyone was calling Lowe mental for not taking sane to the world cup?? And then blaming him not being there for germanys poor performance? Jack's not there (yet) is he? Not sure he will be without leaving us unfortunately 

I'd say sane hasn't really pushed on since (and had some big injuries) which is why city might entertain selling him but yeah I think city would keep sane and play foden and spend £100m on other areas of the squad rather than buy grealish 

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I actually think it's quite likely he'll end up at Man City.

They've got a David Silva shaped hole they need to fill next season.

Didn’t Pep Guardiola say that even they haven’t got enough money for him? 

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Gary Cahill, no-one even comes close for me, you?

Now you say it it does make sense 😂

Very surprised you think he was better for us than Grealish though. Grealish is easily the best player I’ve seen play for us since I’ve been watching regularly though.

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Remember 2 years a go when everyone was calling Lowe mental for not taking sane to the world cup?? And then blaming him not being there for germanys poor performance? Jack's not there (yet) is he? Not sure he will be without leaving us unfortunately 

I'd say sane hasn't really pushed on since (and had some big injuries) which is why city might entertain selling him but yeah I think city would keep sane and play foden and spend £100m on other areas of the squad rather than buy grealish 

I think you are correct 

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Didn’t Pep Guardiola say that even they haven’t got enough money for him? 

He'd hardly say they could afford him easily would he?

If City wanted him, I'm sure they'd get him

3 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Now you say it it does make sense 😂

Very surprised you think he was better for us than Grealish though. Grealish is easily the best player I’ve seen play for us since I’ve been watching regularly though.

How long have you been watching regularly?

46 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

That’s a purely hypothetical scenerio, England wait until a player has played x amount of games and then play them

Its why one has been to every semi final except 1 since 2006 🙄

• Like 2

Would hate to see him playing for another English side.   If he goes I hope it's abroad.   Ideally he stays and we build a side around him,  but this time with players of similar ability. 

31 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

How long have you been watching regularly?

I’ve always been a Villa ‘fan’ and used to go to a couple of games a year with my godmother but never had Sky so only vaguely remember some of the players from that era and wasn’t a big football fan at younger ages. I started to take much more of an interest around 13/14 a little bit before O’Neill took over.

• Thanks 1

Not gonna worry about Jack leaving, if he does in the future, I understand. I doubt he is even thinking about it right now, so why are we?. 

We have lost players, club continues onwards...

Leicester lost Kante & Mahrez. Now they have Maddison. Look at them. Wise investing and player development are what we need to worry about, regardless of Jack.

• Like 3

If Jack’s available for transfer in the summer, all of the top teams are going to be interested. I mean Madrid, Barcelona, PSG, Man City, Liverpool......all of them. He stars in all of those teams in my view. I have stated before that he could be worth £150M and I stand by that.

Hopefully though he will tell them all to jog on! I think he will stay for another season if we are in the PL. It’s really hard to envisage a Villa team after that though that still has Jack in it. It’s highly unlikely that we can continue to meet his ambitions.

I just enjoy watching him whilst I still can. He is five moves ahead of the rest of our team. It does make you wonder just how good he would be with similar level players around him. He is only just starting in my view. Southgate is going to look a fool when he finally selects Jack and then realises that he is England’s best player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PrimevalVillan said:

Not gonna worry about Jack leaving, if he does in the future, I understand. I doubt he is even thinking about it right now, so why are we?. 

We have lost players, club continues onwards...

Leicester lost Kante & Mahrez. Now they have Maddison. Look at them. Wise investing and player development are what we need to worry about, regardless of Jack.

That’s the crux of it.

It’ll be painful when he leaves, because he’s been the one shining light in our team for years now, but say we get £90m for him, you could spend that on a handful of quality players to improve the squad (eg: Benrahma £25m, Buendia £20m & Kalvin Phillips £25m with £20m spare for a Todd Cantwell or other young starlet squad options).

Have to agree. Hopefully he stays or goes abroad. If he has to leave it would make it more palatable if it was a Real Madrid or Barcelona but not quite sure he's there yet. Dortmund I could get around. A PSG would be disappointing for him. I so hope he doesn't ruin himself by going to United. 

On the City talk; realistically Sane leaves because he wants regular first team games. He's a great player and he wants to be a star man. He's not that at City and he's competing against Sterling directly who is and he'll always fall afoul of Peps rotation.

Besides, they play in different positions. Jack would be in the middle... Competing with KDB. He'd be a bloody good understudy to KDB but he's not going to dethrone him. Be up to Jack whether that's enough for him. Foden probably plays behind him in a more box to box role along with Rodri. 

I'm not sure a midfield of Jack, Foden and Rodri quite loves up to Man Citys recent standards to be honest. But for England, to have them two and Sterling playing together, especially if they swap Sane for Sancho, would be brilliant. A shame for us though as you probably couldn't keep Jack away from that if he's ok Understudying to KDB

For England: Foden, Jack, Sterling and potentially Sancho all in one team being coached by the best manager in the world would probably be a dream come true for Southgate until they turn on him for not being up to it.

Edited by HalfTimePost

Â