The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

He has been below par this season.

He has not produced so far, it is very early in the season but he needs to deliver something.

He is playing way too deep to be having any type of impact on this game.

Personally I’ve been fed up with the National team malarky. He is nowhere near that level:

• Like 1

I think the criticism is a tad unfair - we’re devoid of smart movement ahead of him. He’s holding the ball, looking for passes instead but there is rarely a good option.

Gave the ball away with easy passes which was unlike him but, otherwise, looked to be the only player trying anything going forward. 

• Like 3

Just now, bobzy said:

I think the criticism is a tad unfair - we’re devoid of smart movement ahead of him. He’s holding the ball, looking for passes instead but there is rarely a good option.

Gave the ball away with easy passes which was unlike him but, otherwise, looked to be the only player trying anything going forward. 

Exactly. 

At the end he somehow manages to keep himself in space on the edge of their box, while looking for movement. But there's nothing, what can he do exactly? 

6 minutes ago, PatrickCousens said:

Not sure that's fair. Thought he was very good tonight, with a few loose moments. By far the most likely to make something happen. 

Sorry but it appears for some he's above criticism. Total lack of intelligence in a lot of his play, gave the ball away a lot, chose the wrong option a lot, but I guess some nice footwork masks that. Needs to do a lot better. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Sorry but it appears for some he's above criticism. Total lack of intelligence in a lot of his play, gave the ball away a lot, chose the wrong option a lot, but I guess some nice footwork masks that. Needs to do a lot better. 

Such bollocks.

Remember when Liverpool fans would get a bit testy when Gerrard, who was one of their own, put in some bad performances and you'd pull them up on it ?. Infallible in their eyes. Above criticism. I don't want to be like that. Grealish has a way to go at this level. Might make it. Might not. Consider for all the media attention Jack gets, Cantwell at Norwich is massively out performing him and would rightly be more deserving of a call up than Grealish right now.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

One of a few who tried to make things happen. Movement around him is atrocious, he needs to leave if he's ever going to be the best version of himself, unfortunately. 

This is right tbf. He wasn't excellent but he's a player who will always try and keep the ball and make things happen. The lack of options tonight was a joke.

• Like 1

Thought he was genuinely good in the first half, but very poor on the ball in the second.

Though, even though he had a poor second half, he was still the one player picking up the ball, driving forward and trying to make something happen. Unlucky to not have an assist after Wes' miss.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

This idea that hes one of the few trying to make things happen, thats literally what he's there for.

His role is to be creative, be dangerous with the ball, make assists and chip in with goals. 

The problem is that he's, currently, doing a terrible job at it. Five games, one assist (for Luiz's worldie). We need so much more from him, his form is literally season defining for us, which isnt fair on him but its how it is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Don_Simon said:

This idea that hes one of the few trying to make things happen, thats literally what he's there for.

His role is to be creative, be dangerous with the ball, make assists and chip in with goals. 

The problem is that he's, currently, doing a terrible job at it. Five games, one assist (for Luiz's worldie). We need so much more from him, his form is literally season defining for us, which isnt fair on him but its how it is.

The perception that Grealish is playing within himself and holding something back is exactly that, perception. His game intelligence not just tonight but in the 5 games so far has been questionable and at this level things like that become glaringly obvious. 

Â