Folski

Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

14,328 posts in this topic

Posted

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

Iron Fist is ok, having finished it. Starts badly, gets better, is ok until the finale which dips at the death. It's set up a few interesting threads to pick up on a second series or in the Defenders, and I like a lot of the expansion of things from Daredevil, but it's partly miscast, the fights vary between dreadful and just not good enough, and they shy away from too much of the character's (and associated things) world. If you liked the other series it's with a watch but set your sights lower and you'll find an enjoyable enough series, but it's not Daredevil.

Couple of episodes left and it's very much in the 'OK but could have been so much better' bracket for me.

I don't mind Finn Jones casting as much as some people seem to have but I think he's been short-changed by the script for the most part.

Nice to see the lovely Rosario Dawson given a decent amount of screen time though. My lord, I love that woman :D

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Ok but should have been much better is where I am.

But as well as (mostly) loving the Defenders series, i love Iron Fist, so i had expectations it probably couldn't meet :)

Even so, easily could have been better.

Edited by Chindie
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@Chindie

You know the part in episode 10...

Spoiler

When Danny is shown the old footage of a previous Iron Fist?

THAT'S what I imagined he'd be like.

:D

Edited by Designer1

Posted

4 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

@Chindie

You know the part in episode 10...

Hide contents

When Danny is shown the old footage of a previous Iron Fist?

THAT'S what I imagined he'd be like.

:D

It won't surprise you to know I'd call that a highlight of the show as a whole :D

Along with few episodes earlier, episode 

Spoiler

6. Which still fails on the fights hard, but basically nicks most of the starting plot for the Brubaker/Aja run, which is awesome and could been a series in itself, and is one of the most committed episodes to it's comic world, and good fun because of it. And has Lei Kung played very very well by Hoon Lee.

1 person likes this

Posted

Does it make you concerned for the defenders? 

Doesnt seem the guaranteed smash hit that it did after DD and JJ

Posted

Maybe they should have gone with the traditional Iron Fist mask. Purely so (like in DD) they could just have the stunt man do all the fight scenes with minimal editing. 

Posted

2 hours ago, jon_c said:

Maybe they should have gone with the traditional Iron Fist mask. Purely so (like in DD) they could just have the stunt man do all the fight scenes with minimal editing. 

They should have done. But they are too embarrassed of it, and picked a storyline where it doesn't make sense to wear.

Posted

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Does it make you concerned for the defenders? 

Doesnt seem the guaranteed smash hit that it did after DD and JJ

My hopes are further tempered. I already had concerns when it became obvious where they were going, but then things came out about them being concerned about going too out there with the series, so the worry is it's just going to be another Hand plot and leader... When you could do so much more.