Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I don't like Clive Owen because he can't act.

I agree, well, about the fact he can't act. I've seen him on a couple of talk shows and he came across as quite a nice and genuine guy. But yeah, he really can't act and puts me off any film he appears in. What was that accent about in Sin City?

But Kevin Bacon can act, and he just doesn't take himself too seriously. I thought he was really good in The Woodsman. I can't imagine there are many roles that are more difficult psychologically. I thought he did a really good job.

To get back on topic, I think he's good in his new show too.

Edited by Ginko

Anybody been watching "The Following"

I think its brilliant James Purefoy is awesome I instantly recognise him as Mark Anthony from Rome another series which he was excellent in

I'm glad to see Kevin Bacon back acting again i wish he would can the cheesy adverts though

Saw the two first episodes.. I like it so far. A bit quick at times, like some of the american shows are. They could have succesfully made a whole season out of the two first episodes in my opinion.

Remembered last week that Blandy lent me The Killing (series one) boxset. Just finished it.

Only one fault with it and that was the subtitling for a dumb / American audience. Person nods head but says nothing, they subtitle it, wtf! Persons name is mentioned in subtitle but not in actual dialogue itself, arrgghhhh

That very minor quibble aside, it was superb

Been handed 'The Pacific' boxset. Not sure what to expect.

Band of Brothers, but not as good.

It's more disjointed (based on 2 different accounts of the war in the Pacific) so you don't have that engaging story thread throughout, lacks the really striking likable characters and lacks the great moments that made Band of Brothers so enjoyable and at times touching.

But it's still a perfectly decent watch and somewhat gets over just how utterly horrific the Pacific theatre was. It probably should have been better.

Speaking of HBO WW2 miniseries, they've just confirmed they're doing another one. Masters of the Air, based on the US bombing campaign of Germany, inspired by the book of the same name which follows a specific company through the war (whose name escapes me).

I still wish someone would do a British one. We had a very different experience of the war to the US and there are some incredible stories that could be told.

Does anyone watch Nikita?

Is it anything like Alias?

Does Maggie Q ever get naked in it?

Yes, it's not very good :)

On the topic of getting naked. Anyone remember Catalina from My Name Is Earl? I saw Flight the other day and she got very naked in the first scene.

Just finished The Bridge which was very good. It's being remade by France/Britain and is going to be called The Tunnel.  :(

Oh dear really?

we will **** it up

the French may well save it though as Braquo and Spiral are absolutely quality crime dramas

The Bridge was outstanding

• Like 1

Â