Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Finished shogun 

I'm guessing it's because of the book 

Spoiler

But I'm torn on it not having the battle, part of me thinks it was brilliant to have torunaga lay out his plan another part of me thinks I've been robbed of something that would have been spectacular 

There won't be anything better on TV this year 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

And so the curtain draws on Shogun. It will live long in the memory. As near to visual poetry as you can get. 

Can you sell it in 20 words please? I'm terrible with good TV, but you've really sold Shogun in this thread, and I don't want to Google it in case it ruins things.

And BTW, tell me to piss off if that's too cheeky. Thank you. 

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Finished shogun 

Hide contents

But I'm torn on it not having the battle, part of me thinks it was brilliant to have torunaga lay out his plan another part of me thinks I've been robbed of something that would have been spectacular 

Spoiler

Get the feelingit may have been a financial decision. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, T-Dog said:

Can you sell it in 20 words please? I'm terrible with good TV, but you've really sold Shogun in this thread, and I don't want to Google it in case it ruins things.

And BTW, tell me to piss off if that's too cheeky. Thank you. 

**** that, make him do it as a haiku

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Finished shogun 

Reveal hidden contents

Totally agree but I kinda saw it coming. Great series thou. Right up there with the greats.

• Like 2

Watched the first four episodes of Baby Reindeer. It's literally the last type of show I'd ever watch but one of the lads convinced me to try it.

Jesus Christ. I've had to take a break after the 'Fringe' episode. Watching that one episode I'd forgotten about what led us there in the first place. 

Funny at times, very funny, but it don't half drag you in and then batter you with the darkness. Massive fan.

And the soundtrack is superb too, all the music all the way is very very well picked.

• Like 3

Only two episodes in to Shogun - had other things to finish before starting it. Unbelievable. I loved the novel. Need to re-read Noble House before heading back to Hong Kong on the summer. 

• Like 1

On 25/04/2024 at 20:48, villa4europe said:

Half way through the 2nd episode of 3 body problem, if it wasn't for the hype I'd have stopped already, not seeing the fuss so far 

It gets worse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

red eye...dreadful, but annoyingly watchable

want something silly and easy to follow then go for it. but keep expectations low.

8 hours ago, Davkaus said:

It gets worse.

We decided to keep on giving it another go due to the hype but weren't enjoying it.

After the 4th or 5th episode, we realised we'd both been on our phones as never of us wanted to watch it anymore so gave up.

16 minutes ago, tinker said:

If you like Shogun, try Marco Polo on netflix.

Gave up on that after a couple of episodes. 

Then again, I didn't think Shogun was THAT good. I enjoyed it, a solid 8/10, but 'best thing on TV atm'? Nah. Mrs M even said she preferred the Chamberlain version. (I wouldn't go that far). 

Ripley, on the other hand - masterpiece. 

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Gave up on that after a couple of episodes. 

Then again, I didn't think Shogun was THAT good. I enjoyed it, a solid 8/10, but 'best thing on TV atm'? Nah. Mrs M even said she preferred the Chamberlain version. (I wouldn't go that far). 

Ripley, on the other hand - masterpiece. 

Ripley was OK but, spoiler alert

Spoiler

Why didn't anyone look at a photo for a missing person, it got ridiculous. 

Edited by tinker

Â