Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

47 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Just noticed new series of Billions, that's my evening sorted 

well done, I've just mentioned this to my old man, he didn't know about it, I'm now going to have him asking me on a daily basis "you've never watched Billions have you, you should its brilliant," every single fooking day I'll get that until he's finished the series.

I've not watched it and I doubt that I ever will now.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, leemond2008 said:

well done, I've just mentioned this to my old man, he didn't know about it, I'm now going to have him asking me on a daily basis "you've never watched Billions have you, you should its brilliant," every single fooking day I'll get that until he's finished the series.

I've not watched it and I doubt that I ever will now.

Ita brilliant, I've probably watched every series a dozen times

Deadloch, Australian murder comedy drama. Almost binned it after episode one but glad I stuck with it, very entertaining and very sweary.

Certainly doesn’t paint an attractive picture of your normal straight Aussie male 😂

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Deadloch, Australian murder comedy drama. Almost binned it after episode one but glad I stuck with it, very entertaining and very sweary.

Certainly doesn’t paint an attractive picture of your normal straight Aussie male 😂

Yeah was really good.  It definitely improved as the season went on .  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, theboyangel said:

I'm enjoying the first season of Only Murders In The Building.

its good and deserves the praise it gets, easy TV to watch with the missus

2nd season drops off but the trio just about pull it through, the 3rd season is on the list

• Like 1

Top Boy was good. 

It’s been a while but I think the third season was probably my favourite (them v Jamie’s gang). 

The last season was good, maybe could have done with one or two more episodes (it’s curious that the Netflix run has gone 10, 8, 6 episodes each season). But it’s a minor quibble.

Ultimately a very satisfying ending.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sne said:

Whoever thought it was a bright idea to put scenes/spoilers for the upcoming episode straight after an episode is finished? Hate it.

Yep. Pretty sure I've posted the same thing quite recently. I've actually stopped watching some series after episode one, as there was little point after all the ep2 spoilers. 

I now have the remote to hand stop it asap. 

• Like 1

I used to watch Frasier, but it was more a case of nothing else on I might watch it. This series isn't really Frasier the series as it doesn't appear, based on this trailer, the other members of the cast are in it. The element that might get me watching though is it appears Nicholas Lyndhurst is in it.

36 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I used to watch Frasier, but it was more a case of nothing else on I might watch it. This series isn't really Frasier the series as it doesn't appear, based on this trailer, the other members of the cast are in it. The element that might get me watching though is it appears Nicholas Lyndhurst is in it.

Jeez, that looks crap. 

Frasier trailer, yeah it doesn’t look great. 

Watch the promos from the original run. They somehow make one of the best sitcoms ever look awful. Even taking into account the poor video quality, it looks bereft of humour.

And one of them takes the rather curious decision not to feature Niles. I assume they weren’t sure about the character :lol:

From about 4:28 on this one.

This isn’t to say I therefore think the new series will be good. But if I had seen the promos for the classic series before having seen it, I wouldn’t have held out much hope.

6 hours ago, maqroll said:

Anyone seen "The Gold", about a bank heist set in early 80's England? Any good? I like a good heist movie/series.

It's OK. I stuck with it and enjoyed it, others didn't. I think it's worth watching an episode to see how you feel about it. I do love a heist though. 

Finished rewatching Justified with my wife last night. Was her first time watching it and she loved it. Said how well acted, written and directed it was. She loved that they closed things down properly too.

Going to watch something else to break it up a bit then watch the new spin off. Hopefully it holds up.

Â