Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

OK. Daisy Jones and The Six. We stuck with it to the end. It did get a little better, certainly watchable. Although I still think it was corny and predictable. Let's face it, if you know anything at all about Fleetwood Mac - or any 70s rock band, really - you already know the story. Wide-eyed innocence - paying dues - euphoric success - disillusionment - booze - drugs - affairs - mutual loathing - split. But it did look good, and the music was reasonable generic AOR (they all actually sang and played their instruments, competently enough). I fully expect the sequel to be 'Daisy Jones and The Six Reunion Tour' in a year or so. On balance, 6/10 (see what I did there?) 

• Like 1

On 19/04/2023 at 21:33, mikeyp102 said:

Outer Banks s3, Jesus it just got more and more ridiculous. Had to watch though. 

To be fair I thought they toned it down a bit in this series!  The last one was crazy.  The lead actress is stunning and the main reason I watch really.

• Like 1

Slightly OT I watched a 2014 film called Full English Breakfast  last night, "starring" Dave Courtney as a retired drugs baron.

I love a good geezer film but eff me this was SO bad I had to see it through to the end ! Crap storyline, worse acting and utterly awful soundtrack.....which ended off with the theme song being played as the credits rolled. The lyrics were pretty much the ingredients of a FEB with the words "full english breakfast Dave ? Well, I haven't come in for a curry have I ?" being played during it. All to the tune of "oh I do love to be beside the seaside "

Utter gash. Its on YouTube if you were curious 😃

First episode of Mrs Davis was rather fun. Strong Preacher vibes.

It's a Damon Lindelof show so I don't have great hopes but the opening ep was better than your usual nun with ties to the Templar Knights fighting against an evil algorithm trying to find the holy grail or something show.

First 4 eps are out.

Watch Mrs. Davis (2023) Streaming Online | Peacock

43 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Just watched the first episode of series 8 of inside number nine. Quite a good start and twist as usual.

Cheers, had no idea there was a new series out.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Slightly OT I watched a 2014 film called Full English Breakfast  last night, "starring" Dave Courtney as a retired drugs baron.

I love a good geezer film but eff me this was SO bad I had to see it through to the end ! Crap storyline, worse acting and utterly awful soundtrack.....which ended off with the theme song being played as the credits rolled. The lyrics were pretty much the ingredients of a FEB with the words "full english breakfast Dave ? Well, I haven't come in for a curry have I ?" being played during it. All to the tune of "oh I do love to be beside the seaside "

Sounds promising🤣

• Haha 1

On 21/04/2023 at 21:27, mottaloo said:

I am now constantly singing the song and the Mrs thinks I am nuts, even said the curry line to her Sunday morning in a cockney accent as well when she asked me of I wanted a bacon sandwich ffs, she replied 'make your own then' 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I am now constantly singing the song and the Mrs thinks I am nuts, even said the curry line to her Sunday morning in a cockney accent as well when she asked me of I wanted a bacon sandwich ffs, she replied 'make your own then' 

Hahaha ! Quality ! 

Â