Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Was enjoying Wednesday but after about episode 5/6 it just gets a bit annoying and repetitive which I have to blame on the writing

I think the lack of the rest of the Addams Family in the show for me is a little annoying

12 hours ago, Milfner said:

The first two episodes on the whole are pretty nauseating (the part about how they met, what they’re like etc). 
However episode three is quite good & talks about the influence they have over the media, colonialism etc. Not really news to British people but this’ll be an eye opener for non-British viewers I think. 
David Olusoga features pretty heavily too which is always good. 

In it or referenced?

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Germans have a weird admiration/love for the royal family. They are on nearly every magazine cover

Yeah when you're in the queue at edeka or rewe and you see the lifestyle guff celebrity magazines Meghan or Kate are on at least 20% of them with then a fair bit of the Dutch, Monaco and other royal families in the news too

Not sure why

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Was enjoying Wednesday but after about episode 5/6 it just gets a bit annoying and repetitive which I have to blame on the writing

I think the lack of the rest of the Addams Family in the show for me is a little annoying

Am someone who has never seen Addams Family, i think it's great. Just a fun teen show about a quirky girl at a weird school. 

• Like 2

Watch 5 episodes of the Harry and Meghan limited series on Netflix. So far what I’ve come away with it is that, they are controlling the narrative about them (which is fair considering the amount of shit in the tabloids) and it’s made me hate tabloids even more. I can’t imagine having people trying to break into my or another friend of mines property just to get some pictures and a scoop. That’s pretty scary to be honest, I get celebs are essentially public figures but even public figures deserve privacy and the right to it. 

I know some people are fed up of them etc, but I think it’s a bit alarming that even a royal (or former) can’t even escape/stop the tabloids/paparazzi from intruding on them. It sad that people are getting paid to find as much dirt on someone etc especially after what happened to Diana. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Watch 5 episodes of the Harry and Meghan limited series on Netflix. So far what I’ve come away with it is that, they are controlling the narrative about them (which is fair considering the amount of shit in the tabloids) and it’s made me hate tabloids even more. I can’t imagine having people trying to break into my or another friend of mines property just to get some pictures and a scoop. That’s pretty scary to be honest, I get celebs are essentially public figures but even public figures deserve privacy and the right to it. 

I know some people are fed up of them etc, but I think it’s a bit alarming that even a royal (or former) can’t even escape/stop the tabloids/paparazzi from intruding on them. It sad that people are getting paid to find as much dirt on someone etc especially after what happened to Diana. 

look more recently at caroline flack. abused to the point of suicide. whatever anyone thinks of megan, no one deserves the treatment she's received from the press. a whole thing was made about them holding hands at the funeral when at least 2 other royal couples did the same ffs!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

look more recently at caroline flack. abused to the point of suicide. whatever anyone thinks of megan, no one deserves the treatment she's received from the press. a whole thing was made about them holding hands at the funeral when at least 2 other royal couples did the same ffs!

The Caroline flack situation is so sad and it gets me so annoyed thinking about it. Also the fact that the media made a whole ordeal about Meghan holding her bump when she was pregnant was laughable, especially when Kate got praised from the same outlet for doing the same thing. But I agree no one deserves that treatment it’s horrible.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

The Caroline flack situation is so sad and it gets me so annoyed thinking about it. Also the fact that the media made a whole ordeal about Meghan holding her bump when she was pregnant was laughable, especially when Kate got praised from the same outlet for doing the same thing. But I agree no one deserves that treatment it’s horrible.

the DM reporter twitter accounts have shown countless similar inconsistencies with the mail's reporting of kate and megan. they really have a lot to answer for

• Like 3

On 15/12/2022 at 09:12, Follyfoot said:

Last episode of Wednesday for me tonight, been very good and hopeful of a 2nd series.  Very easy watch 

Yep very good and enjoyable. Only bit I felt was off, was the character at the end episode. The make up/ cgi was appalling on him 

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Yep very good and enjoyable. Only bit I felt was off, was the character at the end episode. The make up/ cgi was appalling on him 

image.jpeg.051aeea71308783db1ec72e60d2d01f6.jpeg

this fella sprang to mind 

• Haha 1

Â