Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Has anyone been watching the Sex Pistols miniseries? Three episodes are in and I think it’s rather good. The bloke applying McLaren has nailed it as has the one playing Lydon. Vivian Westwood who played by Elon Musks ex wife 

Edited by Follyfoot

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

Has anyone been watching the Sex Pistols miniseries? Three episodes are in and I think it’s rather good. The bloke applying McLaren has nailed it as has the one playing Lydon. Vivian Westwood who played by Elon Musks ex wife 

I was thinking of giving it a go but was a bit put off by Lydon saying it's not the real version of events, but he would say that, especially if it uas been done without any input from him.

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

I was thinking of giving it a go but was a bit put off by Lydon saying it's not the real version of events, but he would say that, especially if it uas been done without any input from him.

Well worth the investment mate

Really enjoyed this on Netflix. Pretty decent budget for a docudrama although GOT should be sending the lawyers round in regards to the opening theme music.

Three seasons all focusing on a different Emperor     1 Commodus  2 Caesar 3 Caligula and all are brilliant IMO .

Roman Empire - Rotten Tomatoes

7 hours ago, Brumerican said:

Really enjoyed this on Netflix. Pretty decent budget for a docudrama although GOT should be sending the lawyers round in regards to the opening theme music.

Three seasons all focusing on a different Emperor     1 Commodus  2 Caesar 3 Caligula and all are brilliant IMO .

Roman Empire - Rotten Tomatoes

You missed the most important bit - is there as much violence and nudity as Spartacus? 

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

You missed the most important bit - is there as much violence and nudity as Spartacus? 

It's strange as they have plenty of bewbs on display but then a talking head from a history department just pops up and puts you off your stroke. 

Spartacus does appear in the Caesar episodes to be fair. 

• Haha 3

I've started watching The Outlaws. I'm finding it a bit cringeworthy in places, but there's something cute about the thing and I'm weirdly hooked. 

The incongruous sight of  Christopher Walken gives it a slightly surreal feel, hard to believe he's 79yrs old. 

I was thinking the other day it's weird that the Ripley book series haven't been adapted into tv after the various attempts at movie adaptations.

It turns out there is one in production that will be airing this year with Andrew Scott as Ripley. I really hope they get it right as he has a lot of potential in the role, although is a touch old for series 1!

Finished stranger things 

Spoiler

The max scene was really good, the kid who plays lucas was excellent, not sure how I feel about her coming back though, felt a bit like jedi powers to me as in they made up what her powers can do for the sake of the story at that point 

The guitar scene was awesome 

They tied it all together really nicely 

Overall for the whole series the Hawkins stuff worked, the Russia stuff worked, the California stuff didn't, Jonathan and Mike feel a bit pointless 

The music felt on point, the 80s stuff dropped off but the music hit

They could have finished the whole thing there and then so the main interest for season 5 is how justified not finishing it will be 

Easy to say because it's so fresh but it is the best thing on TV 

• Like 4

Â