Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

• 2 weeks later...

Went with Boardwalk Empire in the end. It is absolutely spectacular isnt it? Five episodes in so far and I am utterly blown away, everything is great. The production values, the writing, the cast, its all first rate. Buscemi is just brilliant as Nucky, but Nucky is a quite brilliant character. How he switches from bad ass to silver tongued charmer and back again in a heartbeat is a delight, he is a formidable presence in the world in which the show is set. Yes, I am gushing, but I dont think I have enjoyed anything as much as this since The Wire.

Went with Boardwalk Empire in the end. It is absolutely spectacular isnt it? Five episodes in so far and I am utterly blown away, everything is great. The production values, the writing, the cast, its all first rate. Buscemi is just brilliant as Nucky, but Nucky is a quite brilliant character. How he switches from bad ass to silver tongued charmer and back again in a heartbeat is a delight, he is a formidable presence in the world in which the show is set. Yes, I am gushing, but I dont think I have enjoyed anything as much as this since The Wire.

'Tis brilliantly done.

However I will say I found the violence in it to be absolutely brutal - not that there's a heap of it - it's just well done and achieves full effect.

If you didn't see it and get chance watch the Woman who swam with Killer Whales...on BBC iplayer.

Fantastic documentary about the ORCA colony living off NZ and the work she's doing to highlight toxins in the Oceans & the effect they're having on wildlife.

Anyone seen Raising hope? if so whats your verdict

I really enjoyed it. Every episode has a few real funny scenes. If you enjoyed the first few series of My Name Is Earl then you may like it. Though, i think it's better than MNIE.

My local PBS affiliate aired the A Ride Along the Lincoln Highway documentary... superb!

The Lincoln Highway on wiki

Myself, if I were doing a long-distance blue highway run, I'd either do US 6 (California to Cape Cod) or a Key West to Inuvik route via US-52 and the Dempster.

On US-6:

George R. Stewart, author of U.S. 40: Cross Section of the United States of America, initially considered US 6, but realized that "Route 6 runs uncertainly from nowhere to nowhere, scarcely to be followed from one end to the other, except by some devoted eccentric"

I don't know any devoted eccentrics...

P-town.jpg

450px-US_6_Provincetown_MA.JPG

i've got a ridiculous amount of TV on the go at the moment......

Treme season 1 through lovefilm....

just bought every season of OZ from HMV for £25....bargain!

also bought first 4 seasons of Dexter and The Shield season 5...

shame my holiday has ended and i've just started back at work

Â