Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Need to start watching something else. Been considering a few things that I've not seen before. What would you guys recommend out of:

Arrested Development

Deadwood

The Shield

Dexter

I have seen all of those apart from Deadwood and would highly recommend them. I'm a big fan of The Shield and would say that is probably my favourite out of that lot. Probably just beating Dexter to the post. The three I have seen though are well worth watching in my eyes.

Surprisingly, The Kennedys improved after the first couple of episodes. Rather enjoying it now.
...and then it all went tits up again in the JFK assassination episode, which was an utter mess.

This could have been SO good. Holding out hope now for the TV version of American Tabloid.

Anyone caught the american version of 'Shameless' yet?

Not the worst rip off ive ever seen, mainly due to the fantastic script (that they have copied word for word) and Emmy Rossums Fiona.

However William H Macy is no Frank, and where is all the seedyness gone?

I wonder how it went down over there?

I'm going to order a new boxset tonight. Either 'Rome' (season one and two) for £33.97 on Blu-Ray or 'The West Wing' (series one to seven) for £49.93 on DVD. I have seen neither of them but I'm going to take a gamble. 'Sons of Anarchy' on Blu-Ray was another option, yet I think I have limited it to the previous two. What do you lot suggest?

Rome is incredible, ive not seen The West Wing and I do want to watch it, but I loved Rome.

Thanks to this thread ive been watching breaking bad over the last couple of weeks, excellent! A few episodes into season 3 and im hooked! Im on holiday at the moment and im watching 2/3 episodes a day!

Need to start watching something else. Been considering a few things that I've not seen before. What would you guys recommend out of:

Arrested Development

Deadwood

The Shield

Dexter

Deadwood is fabulous. Al Swearengen (Ian McShane) is one of the greatest TV characters of all time. You should definitely watch it at some point.

Al Swearengen's blowjob monologue

Probably makes no sense if you dont know who is specifically talking to or why the woman is so willing to give him head, but its a great scene.

Dexter is brilliant as well. Season 1 is awesome, and when you get hooked, I urge you to get thru to season 4 ASAP. Easily the best 12 hours of TV I've ever seen.

Season 4 of the wire for me

The script being copied word for word is one of the strangest things of ever seen, makes it a bit pointless IMO

Its probably better than subtitling the original for the Americans!

....plus they can ignorantly claim it for their own!

Franklin and Bash !

If you like Entourage/Californication then you might enjoy this ! It's pretty good for a TNT show . It's basically about two immature but brilliant young lawyers (Zack from saved by the bell and the main guy from Road Trip)who are hired to work for Malcolm McDowell's large Law firm to shake things up a bit .

I watched the first 6 episodes today online and I really enjoyed it ! They have great chemistry , the writing's pretty good, it's very funny and there's plenty of hot women involved .

I wouldn't class it as a sitcom or a drama but as somewhere in the middle , a la Entourage/Californication as I've mentioned .

franklinandbash.jpg

halfway through Studio 60 and just all the more gutted it was cancelled - it's just so **** good. I love bradley whitford, aaron sorkin, tomothy busfeld, matthey perry and co. :(

saw the first episode of blue bloods the other day too, was ok, but not going to be jumping into my must watch more of tray anytime soon. i find i don't really care for new york cops that much. seems a little overly macho nonsense. and a tom selleck show without higgins is bound to fail.

Rodders, you have no idea how upset I was when that show was cancelled. It really was brilliant. But between the cost of the show and the fact that 30 rock was becoming so popular and similar in plot they said end it. :(

Rome is incredible, ive not seen The West Wing and I do want to watch it, but I loved Rome.

Thanks to this thread ive been watching breaking bad over the last couple of weeks, excellent! A few episodes into season 3 and im hooked! Im on holiday at the moment and im watching 2/3 episodes a day!

I've got the first two seasons of The West Wing. I've probably watched half of the first season. To be honest I was quite disappointed with it. I decided to try and plough through it, hoping for a pay off, but I just couldn't be bothered with it in the end.

Loads of people have told me to stick with it, but I just got to the point where it was boring me.

Anyone caught the american version of 'Shameless' yet?

Not the worst rip off ive ever seen, mainly due to the fantastic script (that they have copied word for word) and Emmy Rossums Fiona.

However William H Macy is no Frank, and where is all the seedyness gone?

"Shameless" without seediness seems like a complete contradiction in terms.

Rome is indeed awesome.

Anyhoo, Warehouse 13 ius back tonight, and Rescue Me (final season) is back tomorrow...I love Tommy Gavin :-)

Â