Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

ive watched the 1st 2 episodes of mildred pierce, it starts really slow, the daughter is a word removed of a character but obviously thats the whole story, winslet is unsurprisingly very good

also started watching series 3 of damages last night good start

Finally finished watching Prison Break the other week. What a quality show.

First two series were great. Why they kept it going i will never know. Totally lost the plot after the second series and it just became really stupid.

Could have been a classic but they really screwed it.

i thought prison break was like lost and heroes, far too many cheap cliffhangers meaning that i felt like i had to have the next episode right away which i dont like

the sopranos and the wire for example are almost self contained, i dont have to watch the next episode straight after or be pissed off with it, damages as another example is clever with the cliff hangers because they play with time frames meaning that the cliffhanger isnt actually a cliffhanger its something that makes perfect sense when explained in a chronological sequence in the last episode of the series

I've been watching a lot of How the States Got Their Shapes lately... of course, the combination of history, geography, and the interplay between them is basically right up my alley.

Most recent Series Record added to my DVR is Necessary Roughness... will probably be shit, but it has Callie Thorne (recognizable to connoisseurs of dramas involving Baltimore Homicide detectives) and gridiron in it so it's worth watching at least a few episodes.

I know its probably been mentioned many times but I have to bring up The X-Files again.

Doing a run through, currently halfway through series 5 and it is simply one of the best programmes ever made in the history of television.

Its damn near perfect in fact.

Just watched "Solo" about Andrew McAuley and his attempt to paddle the Tasman sea in a kayak a tale of defiance in the face of responsibility and common sense

quite heartbreaking to watch really , as he set off it's almost as though he knew he was going to die

Surprisingly, The Kennedys improved after the first couple of episodes. Rather enjoying it now.

My Mum got hooked on this as she remember it all happening... I watched last couple and wished I'd watched it from the beginning.

Have to say first episode of Falling Skies was pretty good on FX Tuesday night..... Not long enough though... should have had a double dose to get us all into it more.

Need to start watching something else. Been considering a few things that I've not seen before. What would you guys recommend out of:

Arrested Development

Deadwood

The Shield

Dexter

Need to start watching something else. Been considering a few things that I've not seen before. What would you guys recommend out of:

Arrested Development

Deadwood

The Shield

Dexter

From that list watch them all. I'd take season 1-4 of dexter first but the first season will take about 5/6 episodes before you get into it, be patient.

Well finished Game of Thrones last night. Wow. Just wow. Cannot believe how long I have to wait for series 2!

Yeah its essential TV alright. If you don't want to wait for season 2 just read the book!

On series 2 Spiral. Very good. US version of The Killing tonight. Saw the brilliant original. Prepared to be disappointed.

Spiral is amazing!!!! I love how in french they say "le gang bang" or sometimes when they solve a case "yessssssssssssssssss"

Judge Roban looks like Arsene Wenger. All in all, a solid series!!!!

I just started watching The Good Wife, quality as well.

Chicago Code is freaking awesome, same guy who did The Unit (anyone remember that classic?), Shawn Ryan.

Â