Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 28/11/2016 at 17:37, Midfielder said:

I catch on really late to stuff to be honest. 

Watching Dexter though, everyone is so damn sweaty. I've never been to the States but Florida must be as hot as hell, even the extras are soaked through. 

I've never been to America but I've been in some States. 

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Flash season 3 has been abit lame

Yeah I missed episode 2 on now tv and I'm in no rush to try and find it so I can catch up, it felt like it was going to be a poor season straight away, I know they can play with the time line and universes etc but undoing everything that's gone on in 40+ episodes just to do more of the same felt cheap to me

17 hours ago, Davkaus said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Did you notice the close up shot of the handshakes he had with Bernard and William?

When talking about the rather less sophisticated early models of hosts: "A simple handshake would give them away." -Ford, Episode one

Nice one recalling that line. I don't think there's any way that Ford is not coming back.

I re-watched all 9 episodes of West World before watching the finale. I played close attention to the timelines etc. - It's brilliant TV.

Spoiler

Re: Everyone is a host. Maeve did say "For **** sake you're not one of us, you're one of them," to the Asian tech who's been helping her. Obviously they could be programmed to "see" each other that way but I don't buy that everyone is a host - not yet anyway.

I'm also not on board with the idea that Ford is a host, more for storytelling reasons than anything else. It's too close to Shakespeare's the Tempest - the idea that all of the characters are in Prospero's mind (the island being his mind.) If Ford is essentially Prospero then it's a pretty old story device nicked from the 16th century !!

Everyone being hosts in a virtual world would also tie things up a little too easily for a (supposedly) 5 season show. Seems too simplistic to me. I'm hopeful for a more Bladerunner angle where some of them get out! (Nexus 6 Replicants FTW!)

Westworld 

Spoiler

Great episode

i liked the maeve storyline telling you that she was concious for the series and then revealing that she's not and then suggesting that delores was concious before doing something that blatantly felt scripted, the look on Bernard's face after the handshake confirmed that theory IMO samurai world was awesome, delores death being part of a presentation worked brilliantly when I thought it was going a bit daft, best bit for me though was the blonde outlaws reaction to the modern gun

its definitely a case of we're all part of a masterplan, nothing's happening by accident

6 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Is Ray Donovan any good? Got series 1 to watch

Yeah it's good mate.

It works mostly due to the excellent ensemble cast that surrounds Ray - there are some real heavyweight performances that he can play off.

The writing is pretty tight and there's some snappy dialogue too. It's a consistent 7/8 out of 10 for me.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Designer1 said:

Yeah it's good mate.

It works mostly due to the excellent ensemble cast that surrounds Ray - there are some real heavyweight performances that he can play off.

The writing is pretty tight and there's some snappy dialogue too. It's a consistent 7/8 out of 10 for me.

That's all the seal of approval I need. Cheers for that :thumb:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mozzavfc said:

Westworld question

Hide contents

Is the young storyline writer the one who is editting Maeve's basecode, so she escapes and the company can get access to the hosts?

Spoiler

I wouldn't have thought so. I don't think it's ever explicitly stated, but she's been modified by Ford, surely? Her whole 'escape' storyline was simply a means of initiating the lockdown to distract security and QA so Ford's main objective could go uninterupted.

That seems like the most obvious explanation anyway, I don't really trust we have full knowledge to assume anything yet!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:
  Hide contents

I wouldn't have thought so. I don't think it's ever explicitly stated, but she's been modified by Ford, surely? Her whole 'escape' storyline was simply a means of initiating the lockdown to distract security and QA so Ford's main objective could go uninterupted.

That seems like the most obvious explanation anyway, I don't really trust we have full knowledge to assume anything yet!

+1

On 12/8/2016 at 12:39, Ingram85 said:

Is Ray Donovan any good? Got series 1 to watch

Yep. I wasn't a fan of Schreiber before I watched it, but he is excellent in it. Plus a great supporting cast, especially Jon Voight, who is superb

• Like 2

14 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

It's an oldie but please tell me people have seen Deadwood? Loving McShane and Carradine (the Sean Bean, gone too soon of the series)

Watched the first episode, wasn't a fan. Perhaps I wasn't in the mood so may need to give it another go

Â