Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

The show's in love with its setting. Harlem is thet has going for it so they double down on it.

Still not finished the series myself, which is unusual for me with anything Marvel. It's just not as engaging as the other series. There's some intrigue in its villains, but not as much Daredevil series 1 or Jessica Jones, and this Luke is a really fairly boring as a character. There's good stuff in there, but it's fleeting, and otherwise it's a slow jaunt through Harlem. I'd hoped for more.

Good news for fans of robot combat - Robot Wars has been commisioned for another series. No word yet on if it'll be more than 6 episodes, but I hope they extend the bracket and make it, say, 10 episodes. For anyone who is a fan and hasn't seen the two new series of Battlebots (US Robot Wars), they are a must - no house robots, no pits, only 1v1 battles, and way more OTT robots.

Think I'm up to about episode 7 of Luke cage, it's ok, I like the use of music, agree with the comments about Harlem being overplayed, it's just missing something to make it special, I'm waiting for an action sequence and then so far at last have been disappointed every time there is, I think it's been done on purpose to avoid what DD did but the fights are a bit cardboardy, people are still just shooting him while he walks forward, choreography is boring and there isn't the violence of the others

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Think I'm up to about episode 7 of Luke cage, it's ok, I like the use of music, agree with the comments about Harlem being overplayed, it's just missing something to make it special, I'm waiting for an action sequence and then so far at last have been disappointed every time there is, I think it's been done on purpose to avoid what DD did but the fights are a bit cardboardy, people are still just shooting him while he walks forward, choreography is boring and there isn't the violence of the others

I think the action problem is all down to the character of Cage and who he's taking on.

Daredevil is in essence a ninja with a boxer's mindset and his fight style is interesting because of it. He fights hand to hand with anger and a little grace, and occasionally more elaborate moves. The second series exacerbates that with his new enemies. Cage is just a brawler with super strength fighting gang bangers with pistols. Every fight is him shrugging off bullets, because thats his special thing, and then completely plainly hitting someone or throwing them flying. Theres no drama to way he fights, he doesn't get hurt and he doesn't need any finesse because he's so strong and so invulnerable he doesn't need to be flashy. At first it's fun, almost funny, to see this enormous black fella walk towards a firing machine gun and then nonchalantly smack him across the room, but it quickly becomes pretty dull.

It's an odd series. I've still not finished it, and it's bad at all. But it's all too boring. Slow and it doesn't have the engaging elements of the previous series - Daredevil's origin, Kingpin, the intrigue and sheer... skin crawling-ness of Kilgrave, the great performance of the Punisher... Cottonmouth is just another gangster (they try to develop more but they don't have the time and they smash every revelation of his character into 10 minutes of flashback in 1 episode), Mariah is just a corrupt politician, etc etc. Theres not enough to grab you. And then it pulls a move that immediately stinks of the writers going 'we can't do many more episodes like this, we have to do this' and it's all too dumb an answer to a genuine problem the character of Cage has, but theres 40 years of comics to rip better ideas than that from... It's not bad, it's still better than Arrow or Agents of Shield and so on, but it's clearly 4th in the Netflix Marvel run so far.

Ash vs Evil Dead season 2 is back and on form.

The Morgue scene.

Already renewed for season 3 :D

Started something called Berlin Station which has promise, it's about a CIA whistleblower and how he is dropping their German office in the shit and their search for him.

Quarry and the Exorcist are still going strong.

3 hours ago, V01 said:

Ash vs Evil Dead season 2 is back and on form.

The Morgue scene.

Already renewed for season 3 :D

Started something called Berlin Station which has promise, it's about a CIA whistleblower and how he is dropping their German office in the shit and their search for him.

Quarry and the Exorcist are still going strong.

Can't wait just finished season one, ending was silly but if they had to make a season 2 I guess they had to end in a way like that

Â