Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

True Detective is absolutely spectacular. It stumbles a little right at the end but until then it's a beautiful, grim, intriguing watch with brilliant performances. Even it's framework is brilliant - 2 story lines a decade apart involving 2 cops who, right at the start of their partnership, came across a bizarre murder, and then are interviewed years later.

If you haven't seen it, put it right to the top of your list. It's a short series as Xela said, but I couldn't tear myself away from it.

Edit - It's testament to how good that first series is that the show is just about to start a second series, completely unrelated to the first, and even before an episode has aired everyone knows it won't hold a candle to the first.

Edited by Chindie
  • Like 2

I got a 8 hour flight so need a good program to watch back to back. It has to be on the level of the wire, sopranos, GoT, breaking bad etc in terms of quality.

Any suggestions ?

You want something like true detective, band of brothers, the pacific etc mini series that you'll do the whole thing in one sitting

Top of the lake, john Adams, Mildred Pearce, angels in America might be worth a look, they're about 4 hours in total

• Like 1

Anybody seen Arne Dahl? Worth watching?

One of my next shows to watch, have heard from friends its good but think the episodes are more like movies in that 90 minutes an episode and cases go over 2 episodes

True Detective is absolutely spectacular. It stumbles a little right at the end but until then it's a beautiful, grim, intriguing watch with brilliant performances. Even it's framework is brilliant - 2 story lines a decade apart involving 2 cops who, right at the start of their partnership, came across a bizarre murder, and then are interviewed years later.

If you haven't seen it, put it right to the top of your list. It's a short series as Xela said, but I couldn't tear myself away from it.

Edit - It's testament to how good that first series is that the show is just about to start a second series, completely unrelated to the first, and even before an episode has aired everyone knows it won't hold a candle to the first.

I really enjoyed it, brilliant series and brilliant acting, hopeing for more of the same in season 2

i thought it was ok, but nothing special.

it slowly built up and was expecting a payoff in the final episode but instead it lamely fizzled out.

6/10.

Episode 3 in the new series of Banshee is absolutely brilliant!

It's such a good show.

Season 3 is probably one of best seasons of any show I have seen in a long while. Banshee is a brilliant and underrated show

• Like 1

Episode 3 in the new series of Banshee is absolutely brilliant!

It's such a good show.

Season 3 is probably one of best seasons of any show I have seen in a long while. Banshee is a brilliant and underrated show

Agreed. I think if all of VT watched it, people would have it right up with some of best shows around.

I've enjoyed it since the start, but it's getting better and better.

ON season 2 of Its always sunny in Philadelphia. Please say it gets better as while its OK its just the same formula in every episode and not as brilliant as people have told me yet

ON season 2 of Its always sunny in Philadelphia. Please say it gets better as while its OK its just the same formula in every episode and not as brilliant as people have told me yet

Yeah gets loads better. The characters grow a lot more and it gets hilarious around season 3, 4 and 5. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

If you don't find season three funny then I'd say that's the time to move onto something else because three is some of the funniest TV I've watched.

• Like 2

Eh, everyone has a different sense of humour. For instance, I think Two and a Half Men is one of the worst, most obvious sitcoms, yet it was insanely popular. Then again, I quite enjoy The Big Bang Theory and it's written by the same guy. Humour is weird like that.

I personally think Sunny is hilarious though. It's up there with Frasier and Friends for me.

Â