Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On Mad Men.

I think the ending showed how hollow his new found happiness is. He is left with nothing but himself. The key contrast is between the montage and Don's final scene. Everyone has moved on and found happiness among others, Don is alone. Whether he left to make that Coke ad is immaterial. FWIW I don't think he did; the show avoided revisionist history and I see no reason why it would end on that. There are enough ambiguities to suggest he may have done but I don't think it matters. If it did, they would have shown it.

I think in the 'Oms' and the smile, Don finds himself. His internal battle between being the decent man that he may have originally wanted to be (the kid looking at the mark on the fence post, for example) and the man that he generally was (philanderer, stealer of ideas, unreliable loner, occasionally inspirational advertising genius) was finally settled in favour of the latter, ironically having been almost stripped bare by some form of counter culture.

Don's a user. He always finds a way to use other people and other things to further his own ends. However decent Don may try to be (and occasionally actually be), he isn't.

• Like 2

Anyone watch The Affair?

Well acted, well scripted and well shot.

Meh.

Yeah I really liked it.

I've watched the second one now.

It is really well made and the two leads are very watchable (especially her!), BUT it's very slow imo. Lots of filler, needs more killer.

Anyone watch The Affair?

Well acted, well scripted and well shot.

Meh.

Yeah I really liked it.

I've watched the second one now.

It is really well made and the two leads are very watchable (especially her!), BUT it's very slow imo. Lots of filler, needs more killer.

Picks up after about episode 4 or 5 I think buddy :thumb:

Edited by PieFacE

The game show episode is amazing.

Charlie rocks on that one... Dragons!
Keegan Michael Key absolutely owns that episode IMO. His reactions are priceless.

He is a cracking comedic actor who seems to get great little parts in nearly everything (Played Carmenjello in The League as well as being in Parks n Rec,Bob's Burgers and Reno 911)

Edited by Brumerican
  • Like 1

The Flash ended what has been a great debut season with a cracking finale. Has absolutely put it's stablemate, Arrow, to shame this year, and barely broke a sweat doing it.

• Like 1

The Flash ended what has been a great debut season with a cracking finale. Has absolutely put it's stablemate, Arrow, to shame this year, and barely broke a sweat doing it.

I found Arrow pretty poor.

Will i like The Flash better.

The times when Flash entered the Arrow series, he just seemed really pants.

I found Arrow pretty poor.

Will i like The Flash better.

The times when Flash entered the Arrow series, he just seemed really pants.

The Flash this year has been a far better skew than Arrow managed. It's a different type of show, a lot more light hearted and fun and more straightforward in it's plot. The series is heavily based around a basic monster of the week set up with an overarching plot.

I'd give the show a few episodes. Barry's appearances in Arrow doesn't really do it justice. Once it finds it's feet it's enjoyable fluff with a decent villain and decent characters.

Really looking forward to The Flash, it's next on my (DC) list as i believe its best watched after Arrow season 2.

It's a pity season 3 of Arrow has got quite a few ropey reviews as I thought the second series was top notch entertainment.

Â