Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Kubrick references aplenty in the latest Mad Men.

I need to have a look at Mad Men. Never watched an episode even though I have friends who keep banging on about it.

Thought it would be right up your street.

• Like 1

The 2nd season of Hannibal has started on Sky.  Absolutely loved the first series, they absolutely nailed the books feel for me.

High hopes for this one now. 

Anyone else catch it?

He is perfect in the role IMO! 

Gives the role the dark intelligence it demands.  The best thing you can say about him is that he IS Hannibal.

I can't get in to Mad Men at all, I really tried after everyone kept raving about how good it is, but it moves at a glacial pace, and there's just nothing particularly unique about the plot. Some people have problems in their office job, and some romantic issues. It seems like a soap for people who don't like to think they watch soaps.

I'll admit I could never get past season 1 as I thought it was so bad, so forgive me if it significantly improves, but I could never recommend it based on season 1.

Same as that. The acting and production values are excellent but I just found it boring. The pacing is way off and it just left me finding each episode hard work.

I'm reluctant to recommend Mad Men, because I know people who have similar tastes to me who dislike it, and people with different tastes who like it, so it is hard to gauge how people will react to it. I think it's the best show on TV, and it certainly gets better season after season because it lives and dies by its characters and how they grow/develop/adapt to a rapidly changing world. Although, I do think all that is secondary to what it's really about, which is the age old pursuit of happiness.

• Like 1

I haven't got a clue what's happening in Mad Men I find hard to keep up with everything and all the storylines but somehow it still manages to be my favourite show I think I just somehow like the overall ambience of it. Strange that I thought last weeks episode felt like an old classic episode of Mad Men didn't feel like 1969 but then they bought it up to speed this week with all the computer stuff.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

Just finished season 2 of Vikings, loved it. Such a good show.

This is starting on one of the cable channels on tues, may give it a go if you like it so much.

The 2nd season of Hannibal has started on Sky.  Absolutely loved the first series, they absolutely nailed the books feel for me.

Anyone else catch it?

Been watching it at US pace, its is fantastic but there are some weeks you think WTF is going on.

Seems to be in danger of not being renewed though

I can honestly say I've only ever watched 2 of all these series'... Lost and Heroes and even then I gave up after series 2 of both.. Don't know how people can commit to watching something every week. Each to their own I suppose, I know loads of people who love breaking bad, 24, got etc... But just not for me..

The 2nd season of Hannibal has started on Sky. Absolutely loved the first series, they absolutely nailed the books feel for me.

Anyone else catch it?

Been watching it at US pace, its is fantastic but there are some weeks you think WTF is going on.

Seems to be in danger of not being renewed though

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/05/09/hannibal-renewed-season-3/

Cant say a bad word about the show, Mads is doing an ace job as Hannibal. i like how they have tied in everything from the movies aswell. Havent read the books though so cant say anything bout that

• Like 1

Watched the first 5 episodes of series 1 of 24 last night (yes, i am 10 years behind everyone else!). I thought it was excellent from what i have seen so far. 

Watched the first 5 episodes of series 1 of 24 last night (yes, i am 10 years behind everyone else!). I thought it was excellent from what i have seen so far. 

It was great .............................................................10 years ago 

It was great .............................................................10 years ago 

But i've not seen anything else like the Sopranos or the Wire or Breaking Bad! Got some catching up to do!  :D

the first couple of seasons were great, think its gone a bit downhil since. the story keeps repeating it self, theres no real progression of characters. ill still watch it as long as rachel is in it :)

Â