Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Tried watching Continuum after some recommendations in this thread. Have to say i'm bitterly disappointed :(

Got to episode 7 and can't watch anymore, it's pretty stupid!  Goes in the same bracket as Person of Interest, Alcatraz & The Event for me.

I'm completely shocked it got renewed for a second series. 

Edited by PieFacE

Top of the Lake. 

One reviewer described it as The Killing meets Twin Peaks, which I'd say is pretty much spot-on. 

Pretty good start, but those Nw Zlnd accnts cld do wth sbttles to be hnest. 

Less than a month until the last 8 episodes of Breaking Bad!  :D  :D

Astonishing. I can't hardly believe it's going to end. 

I'm gutted in a way, of course. It's my favourite show of all time. But also excited to see how it's going to play out and for more Breaking Bad, of course. 

I decided to watch through my Band of Brothers boxset again. God I love that show, especially the episodes in the Ardennes forest. It's crazy to think they held the line there for a month in the freezing cold, constantly getting bombarded with shells.

I watched through the special features too. Ron Livingston did a video diary of the cast's ten-day army training which was hilarious. They really put those guys through their paces.

I decided to watch through my Band of Brothers boxset again. God I love that show, especially the episodes in the Ardennes forest. It's crazy to think they held the line there for a month in the freezing cold, constantly getting bombarded with shells.

You should read this: 

51ZwoEwS2EL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-stic

From the author of the best-selling The Bedford Boys comes the remarkable story of America's most decorated platoon that miraculously halted Hitler's massive offensive at the Battle of the Bulge On the morning of December 16th 1944, eighteen men of the Intelligence and Reconnaissance platoon attached to the 99th Infantry Division found themselves directly in the path of the main thrust of Hitler's massive Ardennes offensive. Despite being vastly outnumbered, they were told to hold their position "at all costs". Throughout the day, the platoon repulsed three large German assaults in a fierce day-long battle, killing hundreds of German soldiers. Only when they had run out of ammunition did they surrender to the enemy. But their long winter was only just beginning. As POWs, the platoon experienced an ordeal far worse than combat - surviving in wretched German POW camps. Yet miraculously the men of the platoon survived - all of them - and returned home after the war. More than thirty years later, when President Carter recognized the platoon's "extraordinary heroism" and the US Army approved combat medals for all eighteen men, they became American's most decorated platoon of World War II. With the same vivid and dramatic prose that made The Bedford Boys a best-seller, Alex Kershaw brings to life the story of these little-known heroes - an epic tale of courage, duty and survival in World War II and one of the most inspiring episodes on American history. The Longest Winter is an intensely human story about young men who find themselves in frightening wartime situations, who fight back instinctively, survive stoically and live heroically.
Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

That looks really good Mooney my man, I'll have to look into buying that. I never got round to watching The Pacific, I assume it's along the same sort of lines as Band of Brothers though, worth a watch?

I'm into Season 6 of The Sopranos and **** me it's good.

The episode directly after

Tony gets shot

is probably my favourite ever. I found the whole dream thing fascinating

• Like 1

That looks really good Mooney my man, I'll have to look into buying that. I never got round to watching The Pacific, I assume it's along the same sort of lines as Band of Brothers though, worth a watch?

It's not as good as Band of Brothers but still worth your time. It suffers for telling a story of the Pacific campaign from the eyes of 3 different men in different squads with different stories, so it doesn't quite have that cohesive story you got from BoB and it's single squad of friends.

It's also not helped by the Pacific campaign being a far messier and complex campaign than the war in Europe was (which ultimately was at heart a push for Berlin) so you don't get that feeling of progression as the series goes on quite so starkly.

But as said, it's worth your time. It takes a few episodes to get going but had some brilliant moments from the middle on.

It's not as good as Band of Brothers but still worth your time. It suffers for telling a story of the Pacific campaign from the eyes of 3 different men in different squads with different stories, so it doesn't quite have that cohesive story you got from BoB and it's single squad of friends.

It's also not helped by the Pacific campaign being a far messier and complex campaign than the war in Europe was (which ultimately was at heart a push for Berlin) so you don't get that feeling of progression as the series goes on quite so starkly.

But as said, it's worth your time. It takes a few episodes to get going but had some brilliant moments from the middle on.

John Basilone was a badass

He's a big war hero in America apparently has bridges and schools named after him

Anyone watch Broadchurch? It is about to start on BBC America and I want to know if it is worth the space on my DVR.

Worth watching it just for Olivia Colman, she is superb.

Â