Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Dexter new season

Am i missing something here Dexter is meant to be a psychopath correct? Lack of empathy remorse cold calculating e.t.c so why is he starting to lose control and keep making stupid decision's acting on impulse i know its a TV show and seeing him unravel is part of the entertainment but compared with Hannibal Lecter for example he's making him look like a chump in the psychopath sweepstakes

Edited by Fort Boyard

started volume 4 of heroes, losing momentum, it really is a pile of wank, so badly written, peter's powers are all over the shop, nathan changes his character more than i change pants

Don't know how you made it that far.  I couldn't even get into the highly regarded first season.

I watch a few religiously

Defiance I've started to get into it, decent enough, on Syfi on a Monday or a Tuesday I forget which since I record and watch when I'm not at work.

Chicago Fire

Rookie Blue

Some obvious ones like How I met your mother and Big Bang Theory.

One of the older ones that has ended is:

24 still one of my all time favourite shows!

started volume 4 of heroes, losing momentum, it really is a pile of wank, so badly written, peter's powers are all over the shop, nathan changes his character more than i change pants

Don't know how you made it that far.  I couldn't even get into the highly regarded first season.

the 1st series was superb IMO, dont know if the rest was a victim of its own success or simply down to the writers strike but its an utter mess that gets worse by the episode

story that drives the characters rather than characters that drive the story if that makes sense, basically the opposite of the wire

Dexter new season

Am i missing something here Dexter is meant to be a psychopath correct? Lack of empathy remorse cold calculating e.t.c so why is he starting to lose control and keep making stupid decision's acting on impulse i know its a TV show and seeing him unravel is part of the entertainment but compared with Hannibal Lecter for example he's making him look like a chump in the psychopath sweepstakes

Not really a spoiler specifically, but I put it in the tags just in case. It's more of an overview of the show as a whole.

Is it safe to assume that you haven't watched Dexter from the first season? If you did then you'd see the difference from the way he is in Season One to how he is now. A part of the show that runs throughout the seasons is watching him straddle the line between becoming more of a normal human being and going back to the darkness. Not all psychopaths are the same, and he's not exactly the stereotypical psychopath thanks to his step-father Harry who gave him the code.

Edited by Ginko

the 1st series was superb IMO, dont know if the rest was a victim of its own success or simply down to the writers strike but its an utter mess that gets worse by the episode

One of many Shows that I genuinely believe is written with purely one season in mind. Little to no thought beyond that. So once it does well and gets a second season, they don't know where to take it.#

For a recent example, see Homeland.

Don't know how you made it that far. I couldn't even get into the highly regarded first season.

One of many Shows that I genuinely believe is written with purely one season in mind. Little to no thought beyond that. So once it does well and gets a second season, they don't know where to take it.#

For a recent example, see Homeland.

Yep first season was very good, second got worse and worse and not sure I even completed it. Haven't bothered at all with third and didn't even realise that a fourth had been made.

Watched Hannibal

I take it it's not even remotely based on Red Dragon or meant to be a precursor to the start of that book where Graham catches Hannibal.

The whole ending of the season just totally put me off it. Like Homeland it's just not gonna work oast one season. Graham reversed roles with Hannibal is a stupid tangent made even worse if he ends up back with the FBI in a later season to do the catching of Hannibal.

It's clear the characters are taken loosely from Red Dragon and I imagine it'll end the same with Graham catching Hannibal. But we'll be subjected to too much rubbish in between. Seems to be a serial killer every week.

Sort of like how the Star Ship Enterprise kept running into a new dilemma every week

Edited by CVByrne

Did anyone watch Luther?

Yeah I did, didnt realyy get the start, it was a bit cheesy and ott but the rest was good.

The only thing that annoys me about it is his amazing conclusions and intuition from just looking at a mark.

Watched the first episode of Person of Interest. Wow it looks like a failed pilot. Worst thing I've seen in a long time. Won't be wasting any more time on that.

Might try Treme now

I've pretty much stopped watching everything now. Just waiting for TWD to come back on. I don't mind that TV has taken a back seat tbh.

Watched the first episode of Person of Interest. Wow it looks like a failed pilot. Worst thing I've seen in a long time. Won't be wasting any more time on that.

Person of Interest is really good, watch a couple more episodes to see if you get into it.

Its written by the same person who wrote The Dark Knight trilogy

Â