Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No for Carrick for me as well. Makes Petrov look like Usain Bolt and doesnt offer anything for his team.

If we are getting a right back I would like us to sign Fucile. No nonsense and everytime i see him play he impresses me

Another Spurs midfielder on O’Neill’s radar is Jamie O’Hara, 23, who had a superb season on loan at Portsmouth last term.

O’Hara, voted Pompey Player of the Year, was one of the few successes in a dismal campaign on the south coast.

But he fears his chances will be few and far between at Spurs next term and is desperate to move on.

Villa appeals but they face strong competition from new West Ham boss Avram Grant.

The ex-Pompey coach was pivotal in O’Hara’s time at Fratton Park and is ready to make a £6m bid for the former England Under-21 star.

Little link in the star of Ohara

If O'Hara isn't good enough to be even wanted at Tottingham, why the hell would we want him?

You might say that regarding any number of players at many clubs - it's not a sound basis for choosing which players to bid for. For example, Richards may well not be wanted at City, but I'd take him at Spurs because the potential is there.

O'Hara is young, improved considerably last season on loan at Pompey and may well have the potential to develop further given a fresh start at a new club.

If O'Hara isn't good enough to be even wanted at Tottingham, why the hell would we want him?

You might say that regarding any number of players at many clubs - it's not a sound basis for choosing which players to bid for. For example, Richards may well not be wanted at City, but I'd take him at Spurs because the potential is there.

O'Hara is young, improved considerably last season on loan at Pompey and may well have the potential to develop further given a fresh start at a

new club.

That he might, I wouldn't want that club to be us though as he isn't good enough.

O'Hara is young, improved considerably last season on loan at Pompey and may well have the potential to develop further given a fresh start at a new club.

Very sensible and very true.

O'Hara is young, improved considerably last season on loan at Pompey and may well have the potential to develop further given a fresh start at a

new club.

That he might, I wouldn't want that club to be us though as he isn't good enough.

I think he has a lot of potential.

Richards finds himself surplus to requirements because of City's superior buying power, not because he isn't good enough. If City had no money, Richards would be staying put. They've moved on to bigger and better things. O'Hara is not good enough to even gain a place in the Tottenham squad, so he gets palmed off to the worst club in the country. He's not good enough. Amazing how people twist the argument when their club is being attacked. O'Hara is good enough for, say, Fulham, Aston Villa? No.

new club.

I think he has a lot of potential.

Good for you.

He might have potential but I wouldn't want him in our first team for a couple of years while he develops. We need player with ability not potential, we've plenty of young players with potential.

O'Hara needs to be at a lower level club playing week in week out and he might, might prove to be good enough but he isn't good enough at the moment for where we are or where we are supposed to be trying to get to.

He wouldn't want to swap the Spurs bench for ours, I don't believe he is good enough yet to warrant a starting place at a club of the stature of us or Spurs. KPB is the only player from Pompey's team last year that I would like aswell.