Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) I don't think the shareholders have a say in who the manager plays and doesn't play.

2) We don't know the full goings on with Luke Young and his form. The games he did play this season he got tore apart. Are you present at every training session?

3) He was given a very long break following the death of his brother. As tragic as that incident was, how many other clubs would have given him unlimited time off to recover?

You mean the many games he played where the whole team was shite? Is his fault? :shock:

1) I don't think the shareholders have a say in who the manager plays and doesn't play.

2) We don't know the full goings on with Luke Young and his form. The games he did play this season he got tore apart. Are you present at every training session?

3) He was given a very long break following the death of his brother. As tragic as that incident was, how many other clubs would have given him unlimited time off to recover?

Tore apart. Correct.

Just like when he got tore apart when we beat Man United 0-1 at Old Trafford. Or the 4 consecutive clean sheet's we got (that being one of them)...

One game against Chelsea where the whole team was terrible, suddenly doesn't mean he got tore apart every game. :lol:

Carew.

Sell our top scorer of the last 3 seasons :nod:

Can we not have this debate again please?

I agree. It's been done too many times, even for me. I understand why people wouldn't sell him, I hope people can at least understand why I would sell him. That's all.

Carew.

Sell our top scorer of the last 3 seasons :nod:

Can we not have this debate again please?

I agree. It's been done too many times, even for me. I understand why people wouldn't sell him, I hope people can at least understand why I would sell him. That's all.

I can see why you would sell him providing that we get a decent, young replacement

The following players will leave

NRC

Milner

Beye

Harewood

Heskey

maybe Curtis Davies

so they will need replacing by better quality. I think MON will keep Sidwell

stan could be great off the bench in games where we're holding a lead and need some additional grit off the bench for 30 minutes - and his legs are fine for that long. he could prove to be a real asset if we used him that way

The following players will leave

NRC

Milner

Beye

Harewood

Heskey

maybe Curtis Davies

so they will need replacing by better quality. I think MON will keep Sidwell

Shorey, Sidwell and Luke Young are dead certs to leave, they've only got 1 year left on contract

stan could be great off the bench in games where we're holding a lead and need some additional grit off the bench for 30 minutes - and his legs are fine for that long. he could prove to be a real asset if we used him that way

I agree. I'd like to see him coming on to see games out.

I'm a little bit worried about Petrov starting in a 4-4-2 if that's the way we go, hope he proves me wrong though.

While would not have a problem with signing Parker I think Ireland is a more important signing(given we have NRC). If we sign Keane either Heskey or Carew will have to leave as MON is looking to develop Fonz and making him 5th choice is not the way to do that.

For me,

OUT: Sidwell, Shorey, Beye, Heskey.

IN: Rodallega, Richards, Ireland.

No he wasnt, thats just daft. He had one poor game when he got stitched up against Chelsea? He played really well when he came on in the last game.

That is because he is a good player, but so is Cuellar. The RB issue has rumbled on for so long when it all boils down to we have 2 good right backs but both have flaws, I think the only way it will change is with a signing(or youth) that is significantly better than both of them.

It is not a big issue though, a striker and another attacking midfielder are the most important things for me.

It's always going to be a difficult decision for MON, he drops Cuellar and we become an easier target in the air against big teams, he keeps Cuellar and we limit our threat down the right side to just one player. I would say start Young against the smaller teams, but the smaller teams pack their 11 full of giant players, meaning we need Cuellar in the air.

It's always going to be a difficult decision for MON, he drops Cuellar and we become an easier target in the air against big teams, he keeps Cuellar and we limit our threat down the right side to just one player. I would say start Young against the smaller teams, but the smaller teams pack their 11 full of giant players, meaning we need Cuellar in the air.

I don't see why not having a tall fullback will mean we're an easier target in the air.

Do people look at Barca and think they will win by hoofing the ball over Dani Alves or Chelsea's Ashley Cole or Man Utd's Evra?

Why can MON not just trust his two mountains at centre half to deal with high balls? It worked when Luke Young was at rightback.