Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer Cuellar at centre back with Dunne. Its more solid than Collins and Dunne for me

based on 5 games?

They looked better and partnerships would probably have developed and got better over time.

It was potentially good partnership not given a chance

I prefer Cuellar at centre back with Dunne. Its more solid than Collins and Dunne for me

based on 5 games?

It was 10 games to be fair.

I agree, I prefer Dunne and Cuellar.

Seems to work better and although Cuellar runs like a retard, he is isn't slow and is an excellent timer of tackling.

Cuellar gets some stick when playing at right back, but he is an excellent defender, always the one to cover the keeper on the line. Not a great right back but an outstanding centre back imo. Collins will improve, although is also a very good player, Dunne will be a legend, in the class of Laursen, not quite McGrath like yet though.

Anyway, hurry up and add to the squad MON!!!

If we can get a rightback (and let's hope the papers can be believed in that we're looking) then I'd hope that Cuéllar/Dunne would be the central partnership. I prefer it too and I agree with the opinion that Collins, while vastly better than I thought when he signed, does have an error in him.

Collins is good, but imo Cuellar is better, and Dunne and Cuellar is the best partnership imo with a natural right back, whether that be Young or another player brought in. However, it's a different issue whether MON see's it this way, and is actually looking at bringing in a right back.

If we can get a rightback (and let's hope the papers can be believed in that we're looking) then I'd hope that Cuéllar/Dunne would be the central partnership. I prefer it too and I agree with the opinion that Collins, while vastly better than I thought when he signed, does have an error in him.

He is still quality back. I do agree with you.

the one thing i think you do get from Collins at the back,that you dont get with the others is he has a better range of passing and i think he is better on the ball.this is one area where i wouldn't trade with any other team in the league.even when you put Davies and Clarke in there we have five very good center backs.

Dunne is very prone to errors but is still a very good CB. Collins has been brilliant for us, he should have picked up man of the match in a number of matches that Dunne got instead due to Dunne being flavour of the month.

Ideally I would like a RB who could be brilliant like Richards but it would not be the end of the world if we started this season with the same back four that finished last season. My stance on our RB is that they are both good with their flaws and I don't think there would of been a huge difference if Young had played more often. Cuellar merited his place though so it was hard to drop him.

The Collins/Cuellar debate is an interesting one. For me Cuellar is the more reliable and consistent player and has an extra turn of pace while Collins is better on the ball and more beast like. I think they're both excellent players and I'm happy with either at centre half. Both of course have the luxury of playing next to a top, top defender and leader.

Perhaps, on reflection Cuellar would compliment Dunne better?

According to the BBC gossip, Sunderland are looking at a 7m bid for Carrick. I know this has come up before, but i think it would be a good purchase, especially at 7m. He is also still only 28, so at least 3 good seasons left in him. I think it would pose a really good attack;

Milner Stays (Carrick & Ireland in 7m & 9m);

--------------Carrick--------------

--------Milner------Ireland------

Young--------------------Downing

-------------Agbonlahor---------

Milner Goes (Carrick, Ireland & Bentley in 7m, 9m, 10m);

--------------Carick--------------

--------Bentley------Ireland-----

Young--------------------Downing

-------------Agbonlahor---------

I also think a problem with Collins that I've seen is that he gets too close to players sometime and gets turned, since he's really not the quickest it can mean a few problems for us, I remember he was getting well beat at VP against West Ham this season. I'd rather have Cuellar at the back in place of him, not because I don't think Collins is quality, he's one of the best defenders we've had in a while but because Cuellar and Dunne was just so good when it got a chance.

No thanks on Carrick...