Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

No flexibility wow.

A 4-5-1 can easily be changed into a 4-3-3, a 4-2-3-1 or a balanced 4-2-2-2 that Brazil play with Robinho basically being a support striker. It is why the most successful teams no longer use 4-4-2 now.

I mean that having Cole behind Gabby would be virtually our only option

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No flexibility wow.

A 4-5-1 can easily be changed into a 4-3-3, a 4-2-3-1 or a balanced 4-2-2-2 that Brazil play with Robinho basically being a support striker. It is why the most successful teams no longer use 4-4-2 now.

Ashley Young can, and has played there before.

We wouldn't be able to play 4-4-2 as Cole would have to be shoehorned into the side

Cole can play on the right and left wings if need be, but to be honest we shouldn't be playing 4-4-2 as it's predictable, dull and only works well if you have the players to do so, which we don't.

Cole is going to spuds so the argument is pointless.

No flexibility wow.

Ashley Young can, and has played there before.

Cole wants to play centrally though and I think CED's right anyway, I think he'll go to spurs

He could play centrally!

And has said recently that would be his prefered position. We are soon to be light an attacking central midfielder. Would be pretty stunned if it came off but Joe Cole, Keane and Ireland for Jimmy Milner would be some kind of business!

I heard Joe Cole was seen at a hotel in Liverpool mid week so he's either testing out all his options, it's all BS or he's reviewing hotels to tide him over until he gets a new contract.

Chances are Cole is doing the rounds to see what each club can offer as I don't think my friend would make it up that he had saw him at New Hall this afternoon. For the record, I don't think he will sign for Villa as we won't pay his wages. Shame, good player.

Would be a great signing, even if we lost Milner, and got Cole, Bentley/Ireland it would be good business. Obviously ideally with Milner staying though. To offset the wages all we would have to do is give him a nice signing on fee. think about it, even if we gave him 3-5 million for signing, basically getting him for that figure would be a bargain and well worth it. give him five million up front and 70 k per week.Sorted.

Cole could be a good signing for us. On the other hand he could just be perpetually injured and a drain on resources. A risk worth taking? Hard to say.

I think we need someone of his quality in the team but if we're going to be shelling out a lot of beans each week, I'd rather it went to a really good striker.

Wasnt MM telling us we were in for Cole in January? Hmmm, the plot thickens...

Villa have enquired about Cole but that was as far as it got and that was over 4 weeks ago unless things have changed

I love how you just pop up whenever we need something clearing up Mysteryman, whilst you're about you heard anything about anything that might brighten up our day?

Wasnt MM telling us we were in for Cole in January? Hmmm, the plot thickens...

Villa have enquired about Cole but that was as far as it got and that was over 4 weeks ago unless things have changed

I love how you just pop up whenever we need something clearing up Mysteryman, whilst you're about you heard anything about anything that might brighten up our day?

Honestly I wish I had something to tell you hearing lots of rumours but nothing with real foundation . If there is anthing with merit I will post it