Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucile is a poor player, it's the best I've ever seen him play, which is why managers generally don't purchase based on a World Cup.

Gargano is a great player, and very attainable.

Cavani wouldn't come here, but he's a good player, did a good job out of position in World Cup.

Maxi Pereira I'd love us to sign but he's one of Benfica's better players.

I've liked Diego Perez for a long time and is the sort of player we need at the club imo.

Have from reliable sources that aston villa have inquired about the bayer leverkusen (and #sui ) winger tranquillo barnetta

Cicky

Nice find. Watched Barnetta a few times and liked the look of him. Seems very comfortable on the ball and the sort of player MON would look at imo so could very well be true. Very hard working considering the position he plays in.

Have from reliable sources that aston villa have inquired about the bayer leverkusen (and #sui ) winger tranquillo barnetta

Cicky

Can't say I've seen much of Barnetta but it's good to know that we are at least looking abroad as well.

Aiden McGeady close to Celtic departure after sitting out US tour

• Aston Villa interested in signing McGeady

• Fiorentina close to completing £1.6m deal for Boruc

Tweet this (9)

Ewan Murray

guardian.co.uk, Monday 12 July 2010 19.24 BST

Article history

Aiden McGeady's departure from Celtic has edged closer, with the Republic of Ireland player not part of the squad which departed for a pre-season tour of the United States today.

Celtic claim McGeady has a thigh injury but are aware of interest from Aston Villa in the winger's services.

McGeady is keen to test his ability on a higher stage than the SPL and would be agreeable to being reunited with Martin O'Neill, the Villa manager who handed the then teenager his Celtic debut in 2004.

Birmingham City made a bid for McGeady in January but are now understood to have cooled their interest.

Emile Heskey has been suggested as a potential makeweight in any Villa move for McGeady but Celtic are likely to demand a cash payment – possibly as much as £8m – for the 24-year-old.

Neil Lennon, Celtic's newly appointed manager, would benefit from such funds as he oversees a squad overhaul.

McGeady, Stephen McManus, Georgios Samaras and Artur Boruc are the players whose departures are set to raise money for Lennon.

Fiorentina tonight announced they had agreed terms on a €2m (£1.6m) move for Boruc, subject to a medical for the Polish goalkeeper.

Celtic confirmed the arrival of Joe Ledley on a four-year contract from Cardiff City earlier today but Lennon is virtually resigned to missing out on a loan move for Jimmy Bullard.

The manager is close, however, to completing a deal for the Mexico international midfielder Efraín Juárez.

Clicky

Bit worried that Boruc in means Frey out (as much as I like Boruc). :(

Mind you, that worry would be assuaged if Frey's departure was in a Villa Park-wardly direction.

no idea if McGeady is any good or not .. but if Heskey going in the other direction is part of the deal then ..hurry up and sign

Its really not worth it. Mcgeady cant even beat a San Marino postman who played at full-back vs Ireland

If we sign McGeady I want MON out of Villa. I detest him

What personally or in footballing terms Zatman?

As a footballer i really hate him and this type of player in al. All flicks adn no end product.

As a person he comes across as just as bad as he seems to always be in scuffles every season in bars

If we sign McGeady I want MON out of Villa. I detest him

What personally or in footballing terms Zatman?

As a footballer i really hate him and this type of player in al. All flicks adn no end product.

As a person he comes across as just as bad as he seems to always be in scuffles every season in bars

Well I've never seen too much to be impressed with, so for your sake and Villa's I hope the reports are garbage!