Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

James Vaughan anyone?

Is he another one you rate because you seen him come through from a young age?

Shocker.

Yes, I saw him at VP when he was 19 and he was outstanding, when young players perform like that, it sticks in my mind, he's certainly good enough for Everton imo, if it wasn't for injuries he would be in England squad by now

:crylaugh:

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes after that ridiculous challenge, as for Vaughan, i rate the kid highly too if it wasn't for injuries the guy would be very highly rated and i'll always remember that performance at VP, he ran the show for them.

Laursen didn't beat him in the air once, I've never seen a 19 year old perform like that

No thanks after that tackle?

We need a player who isn't afraid to jump in and get dirty. No longer being the nice team of the Premier League.

And your logic with Vaughan is he played well at VP, he must surely have supported the Villa? Come on mate. :lol:

vaughn is pysically very good and would probably do well in our team if he stayed fit, but IMO he will lose the physical edge sooner rather than later considering the injuries he's sustained. there would be no point buying him then because in the long term his best attributes will be lost too soon.

It was MON's first season at VP, think we had a losing streak and Lescott did that silly dance in front of the Holte but Everton should have been up by a fair few and then Gabby got the equaliser. Gabby has a good record against Everton.

We need a dirty player though that isn't going to be pushed about. Some of our players get constantly kicked around the field for 90 minutes against certain teams. We need to play the bastards at their own game when it comes down to it.

We need a dirty player though that isn't going to be pushed about. Some of our players get constantly kicked around the field for 90 minutes against certain teams. We need to play the bastards at their own game when it comes down to it.

I agree with this but Witsel isn't really that type of player

We need a player who isn't afraid to jump in and get dirty. No longer being the nice team of the Premier League.

And your logic with Vaughan is he played well at VP, he must surely have supported the Villa? Come on mate. :lol:

Well he is from a Villa area and Vassell and Zat Knight always played great against us because they were both Villa fans.

Well he is from a Villa area and Vassell and Zat Knight always played great against us because they were both Villa fans.

I agree with what you're saying, Lescott is another example but Knight scored an OG against us a few years ago

But in fairness they played 'well' by their standards against us, but it's how they would play for us that counts, and neither Vassell or Knight set the world alight, as much as they loved the Villa. It takes more than a passion for a club to be a successful Premier League player.

Zat Knight has played well against us? Jump in pal.

Vassell has played well and scored quite a few times, but that doesn't prove that your theory is correct.

Zat Knight often played well against us for Fulham, they obviously have an extra incentive playing against their boyhood club

Would love Witsel to join us here! He's just what we need behind a more creative midfield. He has the work rate of Milner and is superb defensively. There are plenty of players who have had moments of madness in fierce rival games, I wouldn't judge him on that tackle alone, he's a very good young footballer who would thrive in the Prem. Like some have said we could do with some aggression in our team. He's only 21 and would make so much more sense as a purchase than Scott Parker.

I would have got on the Uruguay bus and asked who was up for a cup of tea.

Once again a few of their players really impressed, always find it strange how few of them end up in our league especially as they do seem to perform at their respective clubs (in Europe, dont watch much S. American football nowadays)

People like Maxi Pereira, Fucile, Gargano and Cavani, who unfortunately resembled Heskey for a lot of the tournament, aren't that far out of our range but I couldn't ever see us looking into them.

Witsel would be great but then you have to have had a good look at him before the tournament and I cant say I did.

Anyone see Alexis Sanchez during the world cup? Progressing nicely.