Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

He's copied and pasted the post rather than press the quote button

Well whatever he does - it's a hassle to read when it's involved in multiple posts..

DelboyVilla - press the "quote" button!!! :winkold:

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of putting the same message on a number of threads I thought I'd put it here.

I tend to think if a link appears in one paper, it is generally rubbish.

However, if the same link appears in a number of them, then there must be an eliment of truth in it.

As the links to Eduardo, this Swiss bloke and Parker are in most of the papers today, I reckon there must be something in them.

Don't know nowt about the swiss bloke, but I'd be happy with the other two (although I thought Eduardo was younger than 27)

Instead of putting the same message on a number of threads I thought I'd put it here.

I tend to think if a link appears in one paper, it is generally rubbish.

However, if the same link appears in a number of them, then there must be an eliment of truth in it.

As the links to Eduardo, this Swiss bloke and Parker are in most of the papers today, I reckon there must be something in them.

Don't know nowt about the swiss bloke, but I'd be happy with the other two (although I thought Eduardo was younger than 27)

But one paper prints it and every website/paper reposts it. It's nearly always crap!

He's copied and pasted the post rather than press the quote button

Well whatever he does - it's a hassle to read when it's involved in multiple posts..

DelboyVilla - press the "quote" button!!! :winkold:

Sorry..... considered told off.... :oops:

Yeah, no worries. We had this debate yesterday.

Basically the Randy Lerner article has been totally misinterpreted by the press who say we have to sell to raise money for purchases. We dont. Its a load of bollocks. And some fans are believing it.

To sum up, Randy says:

- There is money to spend.

- If there are players we want we can go after them without having to raise the cash from sales.

- We wont spend £30m on one player.

- We dont need to in order to compete for the top 4.

- Top 4/silverware is still the aim.

- All clubs will want to move players on as well as buy.

etc...

The point being, money is no good to us compared to footballers because we're a football club. Good players are our lifeblood. We dont have Man City money but we dont need their money either.

So we should tell them to **** off and continue on our own way.

My understanding is that Randy wants the club to break even from an operational perspective but he will contribute to new signings. Therefore, we probably do have to sell to buy BUT not to fund the transfers necessarily more to reduce the wage bill to create capacity for new additions.

Yeah, no worries. We had this debate yesterday.

Basically the Randy Lerner article has been totally misinterpreted by the press who say we have to sell to raise money for purchases. We dont. Its a load of bollocks. And some fans are believing it.

To sum up, Randy says:

- There is money to spend.

- If there are players we want we can go after them without having to raise the cash from sales.

- We wont spend £30m on one player.

- We dont need to in order to compete for the top 4.

- Top 4/silverware is still the aim.

- All clubs will want to move players on as well as buy.

etc...

The point being, money is no good to us compared to footballers because we're a football club. Good players are our lifeblood. We dont have Man City money but we dont need their money either.

So we should tell them to **** off and continue on our own way.

My understanding is that Randy wants the club to break even from an operational perspective but he will contribute to new signings. Therefore, we probably do have to sell to buy BUT not to fund the transfers necessarily more to reduce the wage bill to create capacity for new additions.

Yep that is pretty much spot on what my understanding was.

Seems to be a fair enough approach too.

That quote from RL has been so grossly misrepresented in the press it's untrue.

Maz has done a good job of outlining why, but it's hard to see why this:

"I think there’s a sell-to-buy policy in nearly every organisation on the planet.

“I think that it’s good business to try to sell to buy.

“I think. on the other. hand if opportunities arise in which the net number of sell-to-buy doesn’t equal what’s required to take advantage of an opportunity then you may spend the money and I wouldn’t exclude us from that group that may do that.”

has caused so much shite.

I took that at the time to read that pretty much any well-run organisation in the world should take in more than they spend as a guiding principle.

But just to clarify his position, he then confirmed it wouldn't be a deal prohibitive sell to buy restrictive policy we would operate if the right opportunities present themselves.

To a man the papers ran with this as 'Lerner insists on Sell to Buy' when he clearly doesn't. At least not in the sense that we can only deal if we've moved players on.

I'm glad they took that dimwit approach though (I do wonder if some of the feckers only have English as a second or possibly third language mind). The perception is out there and hopefully benefits us when selling clubs quote us a price. As opposed to the B-lose foghorn approach of 'We've got £20,30 possibly £40 million to spend' which tacks on an extra few million from the selling club. Great business, that.

Rodallega, Dorrans, Ireland and a right back will do.

This.

Minus the right back. Oneill just needs to wake up and play Luke Young.

I'd Also be interested in that kid from

Ipswich.

Was just talking to somebody on FB who says Barry realises leaving us was a mistake and he would jump at the chance to rejoin. This person is very confident as they know Barry through associates. Would you take him?

Was just talking to somebody on FB who says Barry realises leaving us was a mistake and he would jump at the chance to rejoin. This person is very confident as they know Barry through associates. Would you take him?

I don't think he'd be good enough to get in our current team, so once we upgrade the midfield I definitely don't see where he would fit in.

Useful player to have in the squad. But he might as well be a useful player for Man City to have in their squad as they are paying him £60,000 per week more than we would be.

No. I still think he is a good player and is not being utilised in his correct position. However I'd never go back now.

Depends on the price.

Barry might not be elite level, might not be as good as he thinks.

But I'd still say he's plenty good enough for us.

He'd bring some composure to the midfield again, and even if he doesn't always hit the final killer pass his brain is still sharp enough to start attacks.

Would Barry take a huge cut in his 125k p/w wages? I doubt it. He couldnt even wait for his beloved Liverpool to come back in for him to take that sweet sweet cash.

**** him. And he's slower than a coastline now.