Should Gordon Brown Remain as PM?

PauloBarnesi

Should Gordon Brown Remain as PM?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gordon Brown Remain as PM?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don’t Care

I just feel for the areas which will get massive investment cuts from a Tory Government.

Every party would have to make massive cuts. Its the poisoned chalice being in govt

Which is why I think that nobody wants it now, unless they have a proper majority. Better to be in opposition for as long as it takes until the next election. And it won't be very long.

Who do you think in the Labour party is going to be the one to tell Brown to step aside ...

Will it be Mandelson or will it be one of the heirs to Browns throne ? bearing in mind the party doesn't usually like the hatchet man I think it may be left to Mandy

I just feel for the areas which will get massive investment cuts from a Tory Government.

Every party would have to make massive cuts. Its the poisoned chalice being in govt

I expect every Political Party to make cuts it would be naive to believe not. I fear It will be the working class areas like the North East and so to receive these major cuts, and also the Public Sector being drained to add upon the cuts in these areas. How can Cameron pledge a huge sum of money to NIR and make massive cuts in other areas? I think there will be a lot of discontent in the next few years, I'm glad I've not voted for this Economical model.

Who do you think in the Labour party is going to be the one to tell Brown to step aside ...

Will it be Mandelson or will it be one of the heirs to Browns throne ? bearing in mind the party doesn't usually like the hatchet man I think it may be left to Mandy

This. You could see it in Mandelson's reptilian eyes last night as soon as the exit polls started.

Couple of mates have settled down in Brighton. The Greens built up their popularity at council level.

For the record - Boris Johnson is a bell end.

He became PM by not winning an election, and he's still PM by not winning an election.

**** off Brown now.

:lol:

"This".

As someone said, two of the greatest British prime ministers were unelected by the people; Disraeli and Churchill. They did in second terms get elected. However it would seem the people of Villatalk have spoken and have agreed that Gordon Brown should go.

Never got the option to vote him into power in the first place.... which, I still find wrong somehow..

My fear, if Labour somehow remain in charge is that there'll be an immediate leadership coup and Brown will be ousted and in will step Mandleson as our new PM :shock:

I think it's time for a change for the UK - give Cameron a go... (he's basically the same as Blair but without the war mongering tendancies!)

(he's basically the same as Blair but without the war mongering tendancies!)

Give the man a chance!

Cameron backs Blair on Iraq war

Conservative leader David Cameron has said he still believes going to war with Iraq was the right thing to do.

In an interview for BBC's Friday Night with Jonathan Ross, he said the war had been "very unpopular" and some bad decisions had been made since it began.

But Mr Cameron said "those of us who supported" the military action should "see it through" ......

My fear, if Labour somehow remain in charge is that there'll be an immediate leadership coup and Brown will be ousted and in will step Mandleson as our new PM

Cannot happen

My fear, if Labour somehow remain in charge is that there'll be an immediate leadership coup and Brown will be ousted and in will step Mandleson as our new PM

Cannot happen

Phew. Everyone can breath a sigh of belief.

Never got the option to vote him into power in the first place.... which, I still find wrong somehow..

No one ever votes for prime ministers, they vote for local candidates who usually belong to a political (morally bankrupt) party. Even in a pr system you wouldn't vote for a Prime Minister you'd vote for a party.

Cannot happen

Why, it's happened before, last one was Lord Home, as in Alex Douglas Home (who later resigned his peerage to stand in the commons)/ Not disputing you Ian more wondring whats happened between then and now to make it not possible? It certainly was constitutionally possible in 1963

ians roght cant happen fortunately for labour. mandleson is one of the most despised people on the planet, it would be sucide for labour to appoint him.

im tipping miliband as next labour leader. i actually think jack straw would be a good candidate for labour leader but wont happen

No Dem, thats won't happen, that I agree with, I'm just not aware of a mechanism that says it can't happen.

Even Labour Party member wouldn't vote Mandy as leader, it would never happen, the man is pond scum

Â