PauloBarnesi

Should Gordon Brown Remain as PM?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gordon Brown Remain as PM?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don’t Care

What would be the point of that?

well it would be an endorsement of sorts , even if it is with a small % of the vote under current rules

in theory Brown could stand down today , Milliband take over and we will have 2 PM's in a row that the public have never had a say on

What would be the point of that?

well it would be an endorsement of sorts , even if it is with a small % of the vote under current rules

in theory Brown could stand down today , Milliband take over and we will have 2 PM's in a row that the public have never had a say on

He would have even less mandate than Gordy Boy.

I'm sure next PM will be Green Dave.

My highlights of the election:

The Greens getting a seat in the H of C!

Woohoo :clap::cheers::hooray:

hell of a lot of votes as well , she probably got more votes in Brighton than all the greens combined up and down the country !!

Apart from Brighton being Hippy central , was there any significant reason why she did so well ?

hell of a lot of votes as well , she probably got more votes in Brighton than all the greens combined up and down the country !!

Apart from Brighton being Hippy central , was there any significant reason why she did so well ?

They targeted the seat because of the hippies and threw all their resources at the one seat

this i don't know Tone. I guess we'd need to ask someone from Brighton.

She was going at it from a decent base from last time, but still, that is a landmark win that.

When i got to the polling station, i nearly wavered and voted green as I noticed their name on the ballot paper. Seems many woolly libs did similar and wavered at the last minute.

Bloody waverers! :lol::mrgreen:

She came pretty close last time so the Greens decided to make the area their party base and flood the area with campaigners.

They targeted the seat because of the hippies and threw all their resources at the one seat

#

and the "gheys"?

Is the "Ghey" community more predisposed to vote Green/Hippy? :mrgreen:

Don't be too sure Jon, there is an argument that Lab / Lib won 53% of the vote between them and the two parties may well be able to do a deal on electoral reform, which is a Lib pre-requisite and a Tory non starter. This is going to take days to sort out imo, rule nothing out

Not for me.

I think that Cameron has got the natural logic behind him to be allowed to have a go at being Leader of a Tory Gov't and therefore PM.

I don't think any of them should form formal coalitions with anyone else, I'd rather there be a minority Gov't, reigned in by the need to get support on a case by case basis from other parites

Absolutely what I think too.

Gordo missed a trick a year or so ago when the wheels came off.

He was woefully short of decent people, including at least one of his senior ministers admitting that she wasn't qualified for the job. He should have sat down with Clegg and invited him and Cable and perhaps one other into the government, throwing the electoral reform in as the carrot.

He could have told the electorate that the problem was too big (it is/was) and been seen as a statesman of humility for trying to bring in some of the best political minds to assist him in bringing the country out of its problems

With the apparent 'progress' that we have been making out of 'global recession' he could have entered yesterday's election still on a common co-operation ticket with the Lib Dems and walked it. Electoral reform in the next parliament would have put the Tories outside forever.

I don't doubt that Gordo is a very intelligent man but, like so many highly intelligent people, he has no common sense and no nouse.

He could have become one of the celebrated statesmen of our time, but his greed and ego got the better of him.

Brown is having a laugh if he thinks he is striking a deal with the Lib Dem's. I'm sure Clegg said he would never work with him.

Who says Brown will be head of the Labour party much longer?

He's having a laugh if he thinks he is striking a deal with the Lib Dem's. I'm sure Clegg said he would never work with him.

From what is gathered ... Clegg & Cameron share a common personal dislike of Gordon Brown - can't see either of them working with him TBH.

Not for me.

I think that Cameron has got the natural logic behind him to be allowed to have a go at being Leader of a Tory Gov't and therefore PM.

I don't think any of them should form formal coalitions with anyone else, I'd rather there be a minority Gov't, reigned in by the need to get support on a case by case basis from other parites

Absolutely what I think too.

Yes, spot on from me too. I voted for the first time ever yesterday and voted for Labour. I wasn't surprised Cameron won the majority of the tight seats, people obviously want change whatever the consequences may be.

I don't believe in the Tory principles, I can tell you now that I detest them for a matter of fact. But Cameron has the majority deservedly; and he should have the power to decide the fate of the potential Government. I just feel for the areas which will get massive investment cuts from a Tory Government.

There is no way he can continue. His mandate, you can say he never really had one in the first place, has been ripped apart.

If he stays on then politics in the UK really is **** up.

I just feel for the areas which will get massive investment cuts from a Tory Government.

But the cuts were coming regardles of who won last night ..

Â