Jez

Newcastle are linked with Sturridge (loan deal though)

How much did Newcastle get for Carroll? wasn't it £30m or something?

That Mike Ashley is a tight git isn't he.. granted still some time left in the window but his business made like a £240m profit.. surely he could easily give £50m in transfers (£20m own money, £30m (?) Carroll money)?

It's probably the wages that are the problem though, as always.

Or maybe he's just a tit.....thought that was public knowledge?

Thank god Tevez is off.

Fed up of his moaning.

However, fair play to him actually going back to South America instead of ending up at Barca or Real!!!

Maybe the home sickness/missing his kids excuse was spot on afterall?

Shame to lose a quality player from the Prem but chuffed Citeh will be weaker without him and (for now - unitl they spunk more money on a striker) have to rely on Dzeko(!) and the unpredictable Balotelli!

I'm getting absolutely sick to death of hearing about Cesc Fabregas' move to Barcelona.

Why don't they just hurry up and buy him for **** sake? All the crap that they keep spouting out in the press about it. Barcelona are complete words removed, Arsenal have set a value, Barcelona wont pay it, so why do we have to go through this every transfer window?

I'm getting absolutely sick to death of hearing about Cesc Fabregas' move to Barcelona.

Why don't they just hurry up and buy him for **** sake? All the crap that they keep spouting out in the press about it. Barcelona are complete words removed, Arsenal have set a value, Barcelona wont pay it, so why do we have to go through this every transfer window?

Precisely why for all of their attractive football I hate Barca with a passion.

only half the story though, yes xavi is out of order and im amazed they printed his interview on the official site but he doesnt write for the red tops here, fabregas is their slow news day go to story, and with the spanish media being every bit as bad as ours its probably theirs too, thats not exactly barcas fault is it?

i actually think the fabregas story hasnt had much legs this summer with them dragging out the sanchez deal instead

Souleymane Coulibaly signs for Spurs:

"We are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement with Souleymane Coulibaly to join the Club.

The 16-year-old striker hit nine goals in four games for the Ivory Coast during the recent Under-17 World Cup - which included a hat-trick against Brazil and four against Denmark - to secure the golden boot and equal the tournament record ...

Souleymane had previously been part of the youth team of Italian side AC Siena."

Any good? It looks like he's had a good youth tournament and presumably he's got talent, but I'm guessing he's a long shot at sixteen?

I've only YouTube clips to go on and his impressive U-17 WC stats.

But yes, at age 16 he's been surely been signed just as a 'prospect' - your guess is as a good a mine as to whether he'll prove to be the business, given that many don't continue to develop as hoped.

Still, I'm pleased that Spurs continue to invest in this way: if we don't buy some tickets then we can't win the lottery.

Good signing by Spurs, but I guess it depends how much they have paid for him. One good tournament doesn't make a player, whilst at the same time more then doubles a players true value.

I was surprised that Arsenal signed Joel Campbell so cheap due to this so I wonder if it will be same for Coulibaly. I doubt it though due to the mass interest in him.