Jez

Haha minutes after my post, Joel Campbells father says he will now make a decision after the U20 World Cup. Rumours in Costa Rica are that Man United have expressed an interest.

Arsenal thought this was sealed and were just awaiting a permit.

Good signing by Spurs, but I guess it depends how much they have paid for him. One good tournament doesn't make a player, whilst at the same time more then doubles a players true value.

Exhibit A - Marcus Berg

17866_186x236.jpg

Last seen failing to secure a permanent move to PSV.

Always interesting to see where these players end up. Strange to think how coveted he was off the back of that U21 tournament, can't quite believe he's already 24.

Good signing by Spurs, but I guess it depends how much they have paid for him. One good tournament doesn't make a player, whilst at the same time more then doubles a players true value.

Exhibit A - Marcus Berg

17866_186x236.jpg

Last seen failing to secure a permanent move to PSV.

Always interesting to see where these players end up. Strange to think how coveted he was off the back of that U21 tournament, can't quite believe he's already 24.

Dominic Adiyiah was another one who hasn't done much after having a really good tournament and being hyped.

I did mention Coulibally in the Young players thread, only say clips of him on youtube from the tournament and he looked very good, for £1.5m then I'd say its definitely a gamble worth taking.

It's the news we've all been waiting for...

Borussia Mönchengladbach have signed Japan-U23 international midfielder Yuki Otsu from Kashiwa Reysol for an undisclosed fee following a successful trial (despite wholly contradictory reports from Goal.com :?).

48424eaf.jpg

48424eaf.jpg

On a side note, it's really good to see that ginger lad in the background up and playing for Aberdeen again; that's Fraser Fyvie, one of most promising Scottish youngsters about but he spent pretty much the entirety of last season on the treatment table following a horrific cruciate ligament injury.

I did notice earlier that both Tottenham and ourselves were cropping up in a number of (admittedly not particulary tenable) links to Lyon's Miralem Pjanic. If there was any truth to it, I (sadly) couldn't see ourselves as a bigger draw than Spurs; we'd probably see Pjanic on the streets of London before we saw Pjanic on the streets of Birmingham.