Jez

They've offered Remy 90k a week. I doubt there's much (if any) of a relegation wage drop in that either. If they throw money around like that and don't get out of it, they could actually go the way of Portsmouth.

Serves them right... For some reason really dislike them (even not nice on fans going bust)

They've offered Remy 90k a week. I doubt there's much (if any) of a relegation wage drop in that either. If they throw money around like that and don't get out of it, they could actually go the way of Portsmouth.

well they appinted the right manager to help them

LOL

“I don’t want to spend the owners’ money really. I’ve got to be honest with you. I don’t want to see the owners have their pants taken down like they have in the past. A lot of agents have made an awful lot of money out of them.

“I fined (Jose Bosingwa) last week and he was earning more than anybody was on at Tottenham, so that tells you everything. We’ve got a stadium that holds 18,000 people and shouldn’t be paying big wages.”

The words of Harry Redknapp there, as quoted by the Daily Mail just a few days before Christmas.

Skip forward a week or three and QPR are on the verge of signing a pair of Ligue 1′s former hottest commodities – Loic Remy of Marseille and Yann M’Vila of Rennes – for a combined fee of around £15 million and combined weekly wages, if the newspapers of this land are to be believed, of around £150,000 (approx £70/80,000-a-week apiece).

Indeed, word has it that Newcastle were on the cusp of signing Remy after agreeing an £8 million fee with Marseille, but QPR blew them out of the water by doubling the wages he was due to agree to sign up for at St James’ Park.

So much for not paying those big wages, eh ‘Arry?

Edited by The_Steve

Khalid Al-Rashidi has been granted a work permit to link up with Nottingham Forest. The 25-year-old goalkeeper is set to make history as the first Kuwaiti to turn out in English football.

Got to love McLeish

Wait until they see him in the starting line up as an auxillery right back

They've offered Remy 90k a week. I doubt there's much (if any) of a relegation wage drop in that either.

Why do you doubt that? Do you actually mean you hope there is no relegation wage drop? I doubt they would negotiate a contract from last place and not put a relegation clause in.

Edited by LondonLax

i was under the impression (football manager) that relegation clauses were automatically written in to every contract? 20% wage drop i think

nope, as proven by our friend nikola zigic at small heath, infact he even got a nice fat payrise when they got relegated.

If we did try to do what QPR are doing and still didn't survive the drop people would be moaning at Randy for not keeping the wage structure under control, as it would be a disaster for this football club.

A criticism made of Randy is that in the MON years he didn't take care of the wage bill which has lead to our demise. Well, now he is looking after the wage bill so this football club can be self sufficient, and people want him to now do what QPR are doing? It's a lose lose situation for Randy it seems.

Looks like Graham to Sunderland too.

Edited by PieFacE