Jez

Heskey can't play every week as we've seen because he is always picking up knocks which is why his injury record isn't good. There not serious ones but there are plenty of them.

Anyway, you asked a question and I've answered it in my opinion. No real point further debating a totally hypothetical scenario :D

Confused about Elmander. He had good seasons at Toulouse and he looks to have some talent. Maybe Owen Coyle is the perfect manager for him and he would flop elsewhere.

Even when he didnt play well he always put in a great shift with his work rate

It's been said before, but a 29 year old striker who not so long ago went 11 months without a goal is not the answer to our problems. Yes, he is in form at the minute but if we signed every player who had a couple of months of good form we could end up with a squad of Stephen Irelands.

It's been said before, but a 29 year old striker who not so long ago went 11 months without a goal is not the answer to our problems. Yes, he is in form at the minute but if we signed every player who had a couple of months of good form we could end up with a squad of Stephen Irelands.

There were people who wanted to pay £20m for Roque Santa Cruz

or Petr Cech do

to be honest I thought Crosses were the worse part of Cech's game .. I'd have said he was a great shot stopper and has some presence but he's not been the same since he had his head kicked in

Elmander played well for every club he has played for so it isn't just good form. His class is finally showing through.

He was managed by Gary Megson, and he has mentioned that he couldn't play well when playing under Megson.

He has said that he just shouted at him constantly and it didn't help at all. I'd have him at Villa for £3 million, definitely.

I think he fits their hoof, hold it up play perfectly.

Someone's not seen Bolton play for a long while.

Yup. They actually play some really good stuff now.

I'm still unsure wether his recent form is just temporary or if it was just the " megson effect " preventing him from playing well before but if he was available for anything under £5m then its worth a punt imo.

This little gossip off the web did make me chuckle

Gérard Houllier's ears have pricked up at tittle tattle emanating from Old Trafford and Anfield that Manchester United and Liverpool are keen to take Ashley Young from Aston Villa. Tough, says Ged. It'll cost you £80m. United, according to the Mail, will throw in Michael Carrick and Darron Gibson, meaning they'll only have to find another £79.5m to match Villa's valuation.

:-)

The Moose (I know) on Talk Sport this morning was saying he had it on good authority that Ash was going to Arsenal in January.

If GH has come out with the "£80m" statement I think it proves that clubs are sniffing around and making enquiries. Maybe he is resigned to losing him :-(

Antonio Cassano has threatened to join Sampdoria rivals Genoa or a nearby club. “I want to continue living here.”

The Blucerchiati are in the process of terminating his contract for insubordination following a blazing row with President Riccardo Garrone.

“If I can, then I’d like to continue playing for Samp,” Cassano is quoted as saying in Il Giornale newspaper.

“Otherwise, I may change club, but will stay in this area, maybe even at Genoa.

“I’ll think of a city where it is easy to travel to Genoa, such as Parma, Milan, Florence or Turin.”

This rules out a move abroad, as Cassano had been linked with the likes of Liverpool, Manchester City and Aston Villa.

His wife is expecting their first child, a little boy, and he wishes to be near to home to help look after her.

It also puts an end to the hopes of southern sides like Napoli, Palermo and his hometown Bari.

Options include arch-rivals Genoa, but also Parma, Milan, Inter, Fiorentina and Juventus.”

http://www.football-italia.net/nov28l.html

Cassano really is as mad as a bag of frogs.

• 2 weeks later...

How highly rated is he? All I know about him is that he is Mexico's reserve goalkeeper and he has a shit haircut.

I guess if he wants a ticket to the Premier League then Fulham is a great club for him to join. It's in the nicest part of one of the most glamorous cities in the world, and if he does well there it will be easy to engineer a move to a big club.