Jez

Ah, but with a quality centre half Chelsea could be mid table by Xmas.

I think they'll definitely stay up.  He should be looking higher though.  Say around 10th place.

I think they needed another, but for as shit as he's been they needed to keep mangala as cover too, think unless the Nigerian wonderkid is actually ready to play they need cover upfront and that's them done for the prem, still don't see them as good enough to do anything in the CL though

Was a huge prospect in Argentina, proper big strong CB which they don't produce loads of, got his big move to Porto, did well, got his bigger move to Valencia and hasn't really done that much since, didn't make the argies World Cup squad last year (but did make their copa squad this year)

Good player and he'll improve them but he's shy of the world class tag he'll no doubt get

Bristol City spend £9M on a striker from Brentford

proof if any was needed that football is mad utterly bonkers and mad

Mad that Bristol had £9M. 100% not mad that Gray has gone for that sort of money. Very, very good player that.

Was a huge prospect in Argentina, proper big strong CB which they don't produce loads of, got his big move to Porto, did well, got his bigger move to Valencia and hasn't really done that much since, didn't make the argies World Cup squad last year (but did make their copa squad this year)

Good player and he'll improve them but he's shy of the world class tag he'll no doubt get

Harsh to say he hasn't done much since moving to Valencia, he was the only Valencia player in the La Liga team of the year last season.

• Like 2

I thought Denayer would get a chance at City this year.

Maybe not that experienced but I'd be happy with him on a years loan.

Mad that Bristol had £9M. 100% not mad that Gray has gone for that sort of money. Very, very good player that.

I was going to comment on this one...first one an insane fee for someone who's only played one season in championship. Secondly I read a few Brentford fans views that he isn't really that good.

absolute madness!! Gray isn't bad but not worth even £3mil...

Question... How have Bristol City suddenly got all this money?? after bidding for Gayle before signing Gray