Jez

I hope he fails spectacularly, but Liverpool have that jammy ability to coax great careers out of strikers!

Except Heskey, and Baros, and Keane, and Carroll, and Diouf, and Morientes, and Pongolle, and N'Gog, and Sean Dundee, and Camara, and...well...I can't think of anymore in recent memory.

• Like 1

I hope he fails spectacularly, but Liverpool have that jammy ability to coax great careers out of strikers!

Except Heskey, and Baros, and Keane, and Carroll, and Diouf, and Morientes, and Pongolle, and N'Gog, and Sean Dundee, and Camara, and...well...I can't think of anymore in recent memory.

Kuyt, Karl Heinz Riedle, Bernard Diomede, Anthony Le Tallec are also not bad ;)

Kuyt, Karl Heinz Riedle, Bernard Diomede, Anthony Le Tallec are also not bad ;)

Kuyt was successful despite himself.

Except Heskey, and Baros, and Keane, and Carroll, and Diouf, and Morientes, and Pongolle, and N'Gog, and Sean Dundee, and Camara, and...well...I can't think of anymore in recent memory!

Oh good a list!  ...If only there was some way to counter such an argument!

Angel Di Maria is an exceptional footballer, their attacking players are probably the best in the league if this happens.

However, they need a midfield enforcer and a new central defender to be able to contend this year..

• Like 1

Yep, he was probably the best centre half at the world cup and has been on top form thus far this season. United are sitting on piles of cash as well, so despite his contract being up in next season we should look to push United very high if they were to make a bid, especially given they are desperate for quality at the back.