Jez

Fraser Forster is actually really good IMO. I'd pick him ahead of Hart and Foster. I agree that its a weird move for them though.

He always struck me as being extremely dodgy from set pieces and crosses, I don't think he's worth anywhere near £10m. 

So was Guzan to be fair. That is something that a keeper can easily work on. 

Errm it's not so easy to work on, as evidenced by the many who failed to learn that skill over their careers.

Watching the community shield highlights.

I clearly haven't been paying attention.

I had no idea City had signed Caballero or Arsenal had signed Debuchy

File those in the 'went under the radar due to being signed during the World Cup' drawer

Southampton like their tackle-goals. 

Rodriguez is the best in the league at that, now they've got Long as well, they'll have a double-barrelled attack.

Rodriguez-Long will be a very snappy attack.

Have Hull made a profit on him then in 6 months?

I don't mind him as a striker, there are worse out there but yeah this is the start of downsizing by Saints.

Edit: Amazed he's only 27 aswell, thought he'd be pushing 30 as he's been around for ages.

Edited by VillaChris

The result of suddenly having 100m in the bank is Saints now spunking money on inferior players.

Shane Long will be the first of many. 12m is crazy.

Is this a Koeman signing?

I can't imagine the chairman saying "right Ronald here's your 100m who do u want as your main striker?"

And Koeman saying "Shane Long please"

Baffling

The result of suddenly having 100m in the bank is Saints now spunking money on inferior players.

Shane Long will be the first of many. 12m is crazy.

Is this a Koeman signing?

I can't imagine the chairman saying "right Ronald here's your 100m who do u want as your main striker?"

And Koeman saying "Shane Long please"

Baffling

It's a bit like when Ramos took over Spurs and I think his first two signings were Chris Gunter and Woodgate. Think Les Reed is involved in board level there. Ex Charlton manager for five minutes.

the prices of McCormack, Deeney, Borini and now Long. I think now English football has gone absolute mad

Suarez is looking a bargain from Barcelona by the day. I think on this basis we could get 50million for Benteke :D

Suarez is a bargain whatever you pay for him. For the likes of Southampton it's no good having 100m in the bank, having sold half your first team because you're buying from a weak position and you're going to have to change your style of play.

Southampton like their tackle-goals. 

Rodriguez is the best in the league at that, now they've got Long as well, they'll have a double-barrelled attack.

Rodriguez-Long will be a very snappy attack.

What does that even mean? 

• Like 1