The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

On 6/30/2017 at 11:07, villa4europe said:

anyone know what they rules are over moving games for TV in germany?

mentioned before ive got my stag do in cologne booked for the end of september, match day 7, schalke vs leverkusen or koln vs leipzig, would love the schalke game but can see it getting moved

any advice on getting 12 tickets would be appreciated too!

You will struggle for the games, you might be better getting away tickets for the Leverkusen end as they have a low support. Cologne might be easier, but their customer support is dire and they are very unhelpful . 

You might be best looking at BL2 teams, the league is much more competitive than you'd think, we have had a great time at Bochum before, and Dusseldorf isn't a bad stadium to go to.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Bundesliga not available on Swedish telly for the first time in ages. That sucks big time.

Hopefully they will resolve it soon because I hate not being able to watch regularly.

Have to make due with just Swedish, English, Italian, French, Spanish Europa and Champions League now like some kind of caveman.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Annoying ITV4 didn't renew their deal for Bundesliga highlights on a Monday night, was always a handy little show to keep up to date with all the teams.

Do you not have BT Sports Chris? 

Yeah, feel bad for Isabella Rheindhart as god knows what she is doing now ITV have pulled the plug on her! Interesting start to the season, Hamburg are flying- literally for Nicolai Muller (so funny) and then they smash Koln. I think Koln are in for a very long season if they don't sort out their defence and find a striker who can at least try and replicate what Modeste brought to them. They seem so far very much like us after losing Benteke, absolutely directionless, although it has only been two games. 

Schalke started with a big win against Leipzig which is probably true to Schalke form doing the unexpected as they will no doubt cock it up against Hannover this weekend. The new manager is really making big changes though with the Sporting Director, having taken the captaincy off Howedes (best defender they have and local boy) and now he is off to Juventus or possibly anyone in England. It's a real shame if they let him go but I think they are just trying to make some big impact decisions to rid the squad of underachievers, as they have been dross for years. They need to find someone very good to replace him, which I don't think they will be able to do.

6 hours ago, steve1986 said:

Yeah, feel bad for Isabella Rheindhart as god knows what she is doing now ITV have pulled the plug on her! Interesting start to the season, Hamburg are flying- literally for Nicolai Muller (so funny) and then they smash Koln. I think Koln are in for a very long season if they don't sort out their defence and find a striker who can at least try and replicate what Modeste brought to them. They seem so far very much like us after losing Benteke, absolutely directionless, although it has only been two games. 

Schalke started with a big win against Leipzig which is probably true to Schalke form doing the unexpected as they will no doubt cock it up against Hannover this weekend. The new manager is really making big changes though with the Sporting Director, having taken the captaincy off Howedes (best defender they have and local boy) and now he is off to Juventus or possibly anyone in England. It's a real shame if they let him go but I think they are just trying to make some big impact decisions to rid the squad of underachievers, as they have been dross for years. They need to find someone very good to replace him, which I don't think they will be able to do.

I was wondering what happened to Modeste. Thought he was injured. Just read they've loaned him to a Chinese Team for a season which seems very bizarre. Jhon Cordoba didn't score that many at Mainz so yeah could be their Gestede type replacement and they'll fall down the league this season.

21 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I was wondering what happened to Modeste. Thought he was injured. Just read they've loaned him to a Chinese Team for a season which seems very bizarre. Jhon Cordoba didn't score that many at Mainz so yeah could be their Gestede type replacement and they'll fall down the league this season.

He went for big money to China, he scored an absolutley incredible volley the other day for his new Chinese team, all eyes on BT Sport in an hour and a half for the big one Hannover v Schalke

Modeste was linked with Chinese Super League side Tianjin Quanjian in the 2017 summer transfer window. However, 1. FC Köln officially terminated discussions on 28 June 2017 while the two clubs failed to agree on certain terms during negotiations.[39] On 12 July, it was announced that Modeste was loaned to Tianjin Quanjian on a two-year long deal for €6 million, with an option to buy for an extra €29 million at the end.[40]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Modeste_(footballer,_born_1988)

Really don't understand that deal from Koln's POV. They get just 5m to try to replace a brilliant goalscorer. In two years time they could be in Bundesliga 2.

I think it was an FFP thing so he will go to them for the money or you're right no point at all. Typical Schalke performance here, the goal they just gifted to Hannover was straight out of the Aston Villa relegation season handbook of defending. They will never do anything when playing Franco Di Santo as a starting striker either.

Â