The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

10 hours ago, sne said:

Bayern vs Dortmund tonight!

Might not have much baring on the table, but is one of the most entertaining fixtures in football.

Bit one sided in the end. BVB's lack of experience showed, they looked panicky on the ball and struggled to cope with Bayern, especially Robben who ran them ragged at times. 4-1 was a fair result.

13 hours ago, Hornso said:

Hoping Ingolstadt can get out of the relegation spots.

Meh, they're Audi.  So I've very little sympathy for them.  Similarly Volkswagen's Wolfsburg find themselves down there too.  Nothing against the marques per se (I'm not anti-Audi or VW), just that they're big enough not to have gotten themselves into that mess and they'll have a massive advantage if they go down.

Although I do wonder whether VW's latest lying and subsequent profit dip has had an effect on their side's spending :D 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BOF said:

Meh, they're Audi.  So I've very little sympathy for them.  Similarly Volkswagen's Wolfsburg find themselves down there too.  Nothing against the marques per se (I'm not anti-Audi or VW), just that they're big enough not to have gotten themselves into that mess and they'll have a massive advantage if they go down.

Although I do wonder whether VW's latest lying and subsequent profit dip has had an effect on their side's spending :D 

It definitely had a massive impact, the season before they had Draxler bought, but as soon as the company got found out, they had to cut the funding to the club and start to sell players. It is a shame, as having been to Wolfsburg, there is literally nothing else there but the VW factory and the football stadium (and they're about 200 yards from each other). I have nothing against any of the teams, they all break the rules or flaunt them somehow. If you think about it Bayern and Dortmund are on the stock exchange whereas others i.e. Schalke are still 51% owned by members, so they are not as wealthy. I just want the league to be competitive and for Bayern to not dismantle other teams by buying their best players, oh and for Dortmund to stop being everyone's second team....boring.

9 hours ago, BOF said:

Ah, I didn't know about Ingolstadt and Audi. Surprised they don't have sponsorship on their shirt. I am hoping they stay up just for Australian Matthew Leckie's sake. 

On 10/04/2017 at 01:31, Hornso said:

Hoping Ingolstadt can get out of the relegation spots.

We did Dortmund v Ingolstadt with FRT a few weeks back and Dortmund were very fortunate to win. Thought Ingolstadt looked decent and we're the better side. Deserved at least at draw but couldn't finish. 

2 hours ago, One For The Road said:

We did Dortmund v Ingolstadt with FRT a few weeks back and Dortmund were very fortunate to win. Thought Ingolstadt looked decent and we're the better side. Deserved at least at draw but couldn't finish. 

Purely out of interest, but which stadium do you think has the best atmosphere in it?

On 11/04/2017 at 11:32, steve1986 said:

Purely out of interest, but which stadium do you think has the best atmosphere in it?

Dortmund is great but Mönchengladbach and Schalke are very good too. We have just added FC Cologne to our trips for next season too. Ajax is great as well. I personally am going to Dortmund tomorrow, Ajax on Sunday and Fulham on Monday. :)

• Like 3

e7c8e7aa934210ba706c3862e78cc03a.png

Kaiser kick off in an hour, home to 1860!  If we don't win that then I'll be very worried about our plight.  Form is simply terrible and four of our last five opponents are relegation rivals.  Well, three given that Karlsruhe are already ****.

56 minutes ago, BOF said:

e7c8e7aa934210ba706c3862e78cc03a.png

Kaiser kick off in an hour, home to 1860!  If we don't win that then I'll be very worried about our plight.  Form is simply terrible and four of our last five opponents are relegation rivals.  Well, three given that Karlsruhe are already ****.

Such a shame there is little to no BL2 shown on tv over here, I would much rather watch that than the Australian or Scottish leagues that we get to see. One thing you are guaranteed with German games is lots of goals and entertainment.

Guy on another forum absolutely despises 1860 (Bayern fan of course as doubt anyone else gives a feck about them).

He wants them relegated so they can get kicked out of the Allianz arena and so they can finally paint the neutral grey seats red and make it more of a home for them. :lol:

TBF they've been flirting with relegation for a few years now but always just scrape home, bit of a second division Hamburg.

Ivica Olic still plays for them aswell.

Great win for Dortmund tonight, beating Bayern 2-3 in the Pokal semi.

They rode their luck at times but played well and 2 pieces of skill from Dembele, one to assist Aubamayang, the other a tremendous finish for the winner.

• Like 2

On 21/04/2017 at 23:23, VillaChris said:

Guy on another forum absolutely despises 1860 (Bayern fan of course as doubt anyone else gives a feck about them).

He wants them relegated so they can get kicked out of the Allianz arena and so they can finally paint the neutral grey seats red and make it more of a home for them. :lol:

TBF they've been flirting with relegation for a few years now but always just scrape home, bit of a second division Hamburg.

Ivica Olic still plays for them aswell.

I've an 1860 jersey, and if having neutral grey seats pisses off a Bayern fan then I want 1860 up even more.  Can't have Bayern getting absolutely everything their own way !

s-l225.jpg

• Like 2

I see Aubameyang is being linked with a move to PSG or Real Madrid.

It goes without saying that BVB will have trouble replacing him if he goes and you can bet that his close friend Reus won't be far behind.

Â