The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

I'll be 90 and still waiting for Hamburg to get relegated to second Bundesliga I reckon....

I think it's a mentality problem at Wolfsburg. They still have a reasonable squad there but think a lot of them have given up after their highs in recent times of playing in the champions league, players like Luiz Gustavo and Rodriquez can't be bothered anymore and then some of the guys they've signed this season like ntep and Younes Malli haven't stepped up for them at all.

Interesting play off, pretty sure the team they're playing lost 6-0 last week!

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

unless a mathematical miracle I think it will be Braunschweig

As I said they lost 6-0 last week so would still back Wolfsburg to edge it, Gomez poaching a goal or two probably the difference. 

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

WOlfsburg won at Leipzig maybe thats what he meant

So did Hamburg. And Ingolstadt took 4 points off them.

Quite interesting when you look at it, Leipzig could've really pressed Bayern seriously if they hadn't dropped points against the bottom 6 teams, Bayern are machines in those type of games.

Have to say looking at the Bundesliga table it's pretty impressive that the 3rd bottom team has 37 points compared to the prem with Hull with 34 points. And prem has 4 more games.

Take away Bayern and the Bundesliga has been very competitive diviison, so many similar clubs in standard so one year somebody will be fighting relegation and the next year they'll be right at the top. That could be Leverkusen if they get the right manager in the summer.

• Like 2

So Aubamayang (or yung or yong depending on which BT sport commentator it is) hits 30 league goals for the season.

Interestingly, a third of them were assisted by Ousmane Dembele, that's some statistic.

Just now, BOF said:

KAISER! :hooray:

Never in doubt.

:trollface:

1860 back in a relegation play off. Didn't realise Ian Ayre (ex Liverpool) was their CEO now.

Question was again asked would they stay in the Allianz Arena in third division and this was quite an interesting post:

They've been looking for spots to build their own box for a while now. They thought they had found a spot at Riem, but all of a sudden investor Ismaik decided 35000 seats wern't enough, he wanted 50000-55000, which was complete news for everyone else involved and for that, the Riem spot isn't big enough.
Supporters would like a new build where their old home is, in Giesing, but that's not going to happen either. (former player Schwabl had quite advanced plans for that made 15 years ago, when this might still have been possible, but the then-management shooed him away. Schwabl, being a true Sechzger, so far has succeeded in running a couple of other businesses in the ground, so maybe they had a point).

They really have a knack for messing things up, our blue neighbors.

They very possibly will end up in the Olympiastadium which is a gem and would benefit from being used regularily again, but is neither very good for football nor approved by their own supporters.
I see them rapidly approaching the 10.000 avg. visitors mark if that happens, and there are few stadiums on earth more depressing than the Oly 1/5th full.

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/bundesliga-2016-17.417895/page-112

I know it's a Man United forum but there's a lot of really good debate amongst the foreign fans on the other football forum.

• Like 1

I take it 10,000 is the magic pre-requisite number whereby Bayern can turf them out ?  Or is just being in the 3rd tier enough to do that? Playoff is against Jahn Regensburg who went down in 12/13 and managed 19pts from their final 24 this season.

As I've said before Bayern fans on that forums just want them out so they can paint the seats red at the Allianz. :lol:

I'm not sure what the deal is with them groundsharing but you'd take a guess it would be financially difficult to justify remaining there in Bundesliga 3. 

Actually just checked Wiki and they need to move out in 8 years time regardless.

1860 Munich previously had a 50% share in the stadium, but Bayern Munich purchased their shares for €11 million in April 2006. The arrangement allows 1860 Munich to play at the stadium while retaining no ownership until 2025, when the club will need to find another ground

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allianz_Arena

No idea who Soyuncu plays for.

I prefer the bottom team.

Max Kruse was arguably the best forward in the league after xmas and everytime I saw Bayern Robben and especially Tiago were superb for them.

Sule probably unlucky not to be in either.

Â